Granit Xhaka

I will drive him to the airport. I’ll even let him pick the music.

Looking forward to the “New Mainz Midfielder Granit Xhaka RIPS into Arsenal Supporters” headline in a few months.

2 Likes

Probably ends up in Italy. Jose’s first signing :grin:

1 Like

I said back in December that the game after Burnley was the last straw for him. He was gonna finish the season for Mikel but he was gonna look elsewhere in the summer himself.

I thought that may have changed with his great form but I reckon this is more than a Granit decision, it sounds like Xhaka household decision.
I believe his wife has received abuse online in various occasions. He now has 2 kids, he probably wants to go somewhere that isn’t as toxic.

Wonder who actually buys him. Ideally he doesn’t go for less than £30m.

1 Like

There’s actually pre planning going on here at least.
Dani,Xhaka and Luiz if nothing else is proactive. Small bitesize and depends who comes in but definitely a professional move for once.

6 Likes

There is something so warped and bizarrely distressing about Xhaka wanting to leave because he thinks he’s too good for us.

It encapsulates this wanker’s astonishing delusions of grandeur, but also the absolute cesspit of a football club that we have become.

My mind can’t even

8 Likes

I know right.

Will be incredibly happy to see him finally go but this goofball really thinks he’s Xabi Alonso, good luck at Hertha Berlin you mug.

3 Likes

He said something similar a couple of years ago.
I don’t think this is the case now though.
I think he just wants to settle down somewhere where the pressure isn’t as high.
That window where he almost moved to Hertha, I have no doubt he could have found a much better club, but he was clearly desperate himself to just move somewhere.

We shouldn’t be mad in any case, this is an ideal scenario for all parties. :grin:

2 Likes

1 Like

Yeah pretty much this

A very important player in a season we languished in 10th for the majority of. He won’t be missed.

3 Likes

You reckon Berge/Bissouma improve us?

Fuck no. Selling Xhaka and buying Bissouma would be almost exactly like when we sold Giroud for 17m and then bought Laca for 50m. Same shit player just shit in a different way.

I think Partey, Bissouma, and Guendo would work tho.

2 Likes

The issue I have with that trio is none of them still provide any goals, which means you’re still solely relying on attacking trio’s or quartets for all your goals.

5 Likes

Tbf, isn’t that the case for most clubs?
Would love to have it like City and have everyone being a threat but I think the idea is for the front 3 or 4 to work on their positioning and finishing in and around the box during preseason and in general next season.
The reinforcements will come around them by introducing players that are mobile enough to carry the ball effectively and transition the ball in a quicker fashion.
Plus, a RB that can attack that right hand side in a similar manner to Tierney is key to balance out our usage of fullbacks.

2 Likes

I can see it now.

June 2021: Xhaka leaves and we sign Bissouma.

July 2021: The Athletic leaks we’re looking for a big time attacking midfielder to score goals.

August 2021: Berge is also inexplicably signed.

September 2021: Joe Willock to Arsenal.com: “I know I can follow in Ramsey’s footsteps!”

Arteta would probably love a Bissouma-Partey-Berge midfield.

2 Likes

I believe that trio would suit Artetas way of playing (when ever we actually manage to play the way he wants). I rate Bissouma higher then Berge and Partey can be great when in the mood. This is however not a top 4 lineup. Even if we have ESR, Ødegaard(?), AMN or Willock to throw in the mix, I can’t see us being top 4 with all these options.

But I guess finishing 6-7th with them is considered progress. Yay.

1 Like

Watch him join a Serie A, win a trophy and Twitter nerds will compile another list of players who won a trophy more than Arsenal.

That’s why I couldn’t stand Denilson after he said he wanted to leave to win things.
Xhaka and Denilson being poor players, that are constantly picked for the first team, is bad enough but them thinking they’re too good for us is too much.

1 Like

But Athletic said he wanted to leave. :sob:

2 Likes