Granit Xhaka

Lowest form of wit you know, so I’m told :sweat_smile:

But in all seriousness, how much do you actually know about the Swiss National team? There could be many a decent player not getting a look in.

1 Like

I think I know enough. I saw them play live once in Switzerland about 20 years ago against Zidane’s France, I reckon that counts for something.

How much do you know? Are you saying that there are quality players he’s keeping out, or just saying is theoretically possibly that there are?

He may have been playing well but there’s no agenda, it’s just a fact that we’re going absolutely nowhere with him as a key cog of our midfield.

Says it all that he’s garnered such votes in one of it not our worst season in how long.

We haven’t been in the CL ever since we signed him, sure he isn’t solely to blame but our midfield has been gash with him in it ever since we made the mistake by pulling the trigger.

Yay he can pass the ball and do what every other professional football player in the fucking world can do lmaooo :joy::joy::clap::clap: reality is not all progressive passes are created equally. Xhaka hardly ever breaks the lines with his play and he will usually receive the ball take like 3 or 4 touches slow the play down and then pass it to the full back sideways and like 3 or 4 yards ahead of him. He’s the perfect representative of a 10th place premier league team.

2 Likes

He doesn’t play for Aston Villa though

2 Likes
7 Likes

Cool a montage of Xhaka doing the absolute minimum a player that plays for a club with Champions League aspirations, should be doing.

Take a look at the radar I posted, his expected goal chain is fucking abysmal and he’s a minus minus on defensive actions. Xhaka is fucking trash :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

What thread is it in? Post again please.

He has no real vision but his biggest drawback is he needs and wants too much time.
He isn’t getting that in England. There’s enough deliberate strategy in his game to be a fit on the continent though. For that reason there is a market for him. Thankfully for us we should be looking at using it.

4 Likes

I think we can definitely desire to sell or get Xhaka benched but at the same time acknowledge that he is having a good season and is in our Top 3-4 players this season.

It’s a different discussion as to why we have bunch of players who can’t perform better than a mediocre Xhaka.

2 Likes

That just means so little this season.

2 Likes

Err top 1 I think you’ll find. The people have spoken. And I know how much you respect a poll.

3 Likes

He’d be great in the BYOB league they run downtown. Play on school sized fields, he could definitely cover that space.

Reckon Xhaka would have been seen in a very different light if he moved to Italy instead of us or waited a year or two to get the eventual big move to Bayern in Bundesliga.

No he was extremely lucky to get here. Borussia was his ceiling.

Doesn’t pressure the ball, makes very few successful tackles and interceptions, hardly factors in goal buildup, if he was like such a passing savant his xG chain would be much better but he is slow on the ball and overall shockingly bad. I mean I’ve always felt that way just watching him but then punching his stats in to see them visually its pretty pathetic.

He was highly rated back then. If he moved to Bayern or one of the top Italian sides his flaws wouldn’t be highlighted as much.
Gnabry and Davies are having a poor season but people still think highly of them because of last season. Bundesliga’s exposure is nowhere near the one that PL has.
All Xhaka needed to do there was perform in the big matches in Champions League and he could fuck up however many times he wanted against Mainz and Arminia.

But he didn’t because he’s shit and the anchor of a mid table PL club instead, rippppp.

Very team dependent, no?

What does Rodri’s map look like for comparison sakes?

I’ve looked it up, but quickly what is this about? Possessions that lead to shots/xG?

Btw u do bring up a good point about the pressures, it’s probably more of a team thing, but I dunno Chelsea aren’t a high pressure team and Kante always has a ton of pressures because he’s just a hound in the midfield. However I dunno how u account for both Xhaka and Rodri having very similar pressures, but Rodri’s pressure regains are almost double Xhaka. The Xhaka hater in me is gonna say it’s because Xhaka is slow and has a bad reading of the game defensive wise so he’s not really a deterent for opposition. That’s also just how I see it with my eyes I’ve always hated how he stands back and doesn’t pressure players, and I’ve complained about it a ton in the past.