Granit Xhaka

You must be new to OA. That’s not how we do things here.

All joking aside, he had a solid game but I want him gone. He’s too limited and it’s no surprise we’ve dropped a level since he was signed.

Edit: @shamrockgooner with the Admiral Ackbar tribute. Respect.

1 Like

every single post of his is. borinnnnnnnnnng

3 Likes

Hes not talking about me, Sham is an intelligent adult who doesn’t think about me constantly like most ppl around here do, living rent free bby :grin::grin::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I think about you all the time big weng and you know what? I think I love you!!!

I can’t wait to see your next post on what Wenger will do for us when he comes back!!!

1 Like

I actually meant Xhaka not being shit but in agreement with this too.

@Joshua had to Google who that was so…maybe no respect?

3 Likes

Oh man Sham! Ackbar got so meme-worthy that ten-ish years ago college students petitioned their University to replace the school mascot with Ackbar!

I think he only has like six lines in the original trilogy but he’s a giant squid man with a funny voice so what’s not to like?

1 Like

I recognised the meme of course, but my star wars knowledge is low so didn’t know his name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This motherfucker is actually up for his 200th game tonight. Not sure if I should cry of laugh about that.

1 Like
2 Likes

Doesn’t say anything because all that is tracking is progressive passes. Whats the definition of progressive passing according to this chart, a forward pass of 3 yards, a forward pass of 30 yards? If you look up his progressive passing distance he’s even worse than Dani Ceballos and in times past Guendouzi was much higher up that chart with his progressive carries as well.

But anyways torture stats and they’ll tell u anything u wanna hear.

1 Like

Fuck stats but I thought he was fantastic today. I give him a lot of grief so it’s only fair for me to acknowledge when he’s been good.

7 Likes

What Xhaka does detail is the chain of events afterwards which almost led him to him leave for Hertha Berlin in January of last year and how Arteta, who replaced Unai Emery just before Christmas 2019, talked him out of it.

“I took a big knock, I was quite wounded by the experience,” Xhaka says. “Hertha made contact, I discussed it with Arsenal and there were only a few details to complete for me to make that move. However, then Mikel arrived and we spoke. He wanted to hear my side of the story.

“I have to say it was the first time I had met him; I had no prior knowledge of him as a man or a coach. But we had a really great one-to-one chat – very open, very positive, very long. He looked deep into me, into my thinking, and he persuaded me that we should go on together, stick with each other on this Arsenal project. I am happy that I made the decision.”

2 Likes

Fair but…

Look fair play to him he’s been excellent in recent games and performing in the pivot with Partey. Okay still the odd unnecessarily negative backward pass but generally can’t ask for much more from him.

I swear football never stays the same all season. Players on form now go shit in a few months and vice versa same with teams. Especially this season there’s not even a Liverpool side just running away with it.

2 Likes

A rocky start turned into another assured performance from Granit.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, the guy had another great game and was one of the few players that looked like he cared.

Granted, it shouldn’t change the fact that we need to part ways in the summer.

1 Like

Well I’m happy he got his little stat sheet sorted.

Don’t you mean Granited?

2 Likes

Fucked up for the first goal but he is definitely making up. Amazing since that.

Christ almighty, what a performance!
Xhaka Alonso is back?