Granit Xhaka

Best Arsenal player since Artera came in. :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a lot of words but I still didnā€™t see the phrase ā€œIā€™m sorryā€

Really astonishing how some people just canā€™t apologize.

1 Like

Tbf I donā€™t see what he needs to apologise for. The fans started it lol

:facepalm: Eh tu Cal?

He acted like a dickhead and then blamed it on the fact fans who werenā€™t even at the stadium were to blame. Heā€™s too dumb to differentiate between online harassment (which isnā€™t acceptable) and fans booing him for him taking his sweet ass time during a substitution when we needed him to hurry the fuck up.

1 Like

Everyone was angry and both at fault.

It was October last year people need to move on and get over it lol

Decent depth option tbh. Iā€™d be fine with keeping him around because of his attitude and professionalism (swearing incident aside). But we do need a better option as starter.

1 Like

I was vocally against him at the time of the incident with the fans when he got subbed and all that shit went down, but in all honesty, I couldnā€™t give a shit about it any more. Totally over it and itā€™s basically forgiven and forgotten now (though maybe a bit more the latter than the former)

The reason I want him out is cos I think heā€™s hugely upgradeable. The midfield needs to drastically improve and replacing him is a part of that. But itā€™s got nothing to do with that incident any more, that really doesnā€™t influence my feelings now.

2 Likes

Used to shit on him all the time(justifiably imo) but he has become so good under Teta that his quality undeniable now.
If he keeps it up heā€™ll easily be the best holding midfielder in the league.

Hahahaha fuck off ā€œundeniableā€

A third of a season (where heā€™s not even been that impressive) versus three and a half years of shit. Get outta here brother

3 Likes

Never going to carry a bum like this and have midfield ready for purpose .
Arteta is setting everything up around him too accommodate him to function. The trade off is disproportionately going to stop long term gain. Huge question mark against Arteta if he goes this route.

1 Like

Heā€™s been great since Arteta came. So thatā€™s half a season. Some players take time and the right management. :man_shrugging:
He had a good first season under Emery and then had a mare at the start of this season along with all the team with the exception of Saka and Leno.
People need to put the hate aside and just accept that he has become one of the best players at the club like I did.

ā€œeveryone needs to be more enlightened like meā€

Nah Iā€™m alright ta

1 Like

This is why I struggle with the Partey thing. IF Partey is a Xhaka replacement itā€™s well worth it, but if heā€™s going to brought in to play alongside Xhaka then itā€™s a waste because other guys could be had who are far more creative and they would cost way less. Those are big ifs I donā€™t trust our club to do the right thing and replace Xhaka unfortunately.

1 Like

Heā€™s been this good under Wenger for a stretch of 8 games before.

Itā€™ll take him being good for around 176 consecutive matches to undo the stink of his existence.

3 Likes

It feels like Xhaka will never leave, he has been engrained in the club for like what feels like an eternity. If Partey came in I think he would finally relegate Xhaka to second choice holding player. Which would be about as much relief from this prick as I think weā€™ll get.

2 Likes

Even when he isnā€™t bad, he is just so profoundly limited b/c he is slow to think, doesnā€™t have good vision, and awareness under pressure receiving is awfulā€¦ he is being protected by the current formation and style, which is tragically bad regardless of resultsā€¦ our football has been awful even under this stretch of a few impressive results (punctuated with some really tragic ones too).

He is going nowhere, and imho we have zero chance of getting back into top 4 if he is reliably starting for us.

3 Likes

Itā€™s funny looking at his radar because that shows u how limited he is, and how he also understands his limitations. He doesnt play the ball forward hardly at all, he just recieves a pass from our defenders and then plays it sideways to the full backs. He doesnt hardly ever get dispossessed because he doesnā€™t drive the ball forward, or dribble. Such a boring limited player, oh and he also doesnā€™t contribute defensively at all :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Well he has clearly been given instructions to cover his limitations, which helpsā€¦ but yeah, limited is an understatement.

Problem is our CM options are f*ing diabolical.

1 Like

Absolutely not. My hate has made me powerful.

5 Likes