Golf

Arteta should do this

Swap thread for club and golf for football

Itā€™s a shame Rose has such a bad back these days so think heā€™ll drop away and Spieth and Thomas will over take him.

Nice to see the Masters back in April and fans on the course again.

Iā€™ve got a bet on Tony Finau (each way) so hoping he has a good day :pray: Would like to see Justin Rose win, but I agree with you, think heā€™ll drop off.

Cannot believe old Blandy is in the last group out in the US open today after so many years without a win until he got his first tour victory a few weeks ago.

Used to watch him putting down a rail in the pro shop at my local club (before he went up to Wisley) as he used to struggle to keep his tour card every other year. Never thought heā€™d be this good at 48 years old. Just hoping he doesnā€™t bottle it over the weekend.

Great to see the older players doing so well this season.

I work at a golf club. 90% of the people who attend really are entitled cunts.

Iā€™m off to watch the top British and European tour players at Wentworth today with my son whoā€™s a good scratch golfer. Iā€™m always amazed at how good these guys are.

Need some luck though as Iā€™m going to be surrounded by a lot of other entitled pricks.

4 Likes

Enjoy the day with your son mate, Iā€™ve got a couple of mates that play of scratch, your son must be a :star:

1 Like

Thanks Aussie heā€™s too good at sports to be mine. Think the milkman made him when I was out at work.

Had a good walk and followed the hovland, Harrington and Hatton group in the afternoon

Love listening to Hatton swearing away and Harrington came across as a really nice happy chap while Hovland just hits lots of really good full shots even though he struggled with his scoring a bit today

Most of the golfers looked so serious and miserable it makes you wonder why they do the job.

Itā€™s a bloody difficult course these days although more enjoyable for the average golfer when it used to be the original Colt design.

1 Like

Whoā€™s watching the Ryder Cup? Itā€™s just getting underway. Itā€™s the best golf event - probably why it attracts the casual sport fans. Hoping for an exciting contest.

1 Like

How does the British players play for Europe still after Brexit haha

1 Like

Because weā€™re still in Europe

4 Likes

Long time since an Arsenal fan has said this.

Fair enough was just wondering as if we ever left the UK. We wouldnā€™t take part as ā€œGreat Britainā€ anymore in sports ?

Thatā€™s fine, weā€™d only suffer in curling :sweat_smile:

Weā€™ve left The European Union. Unless weā€™re going to row our island across to North America, we canā€™t leave Europe, itā€™s the continent weā€™re in. There are 44 countries in Europe, only 27 of them are in the EU.

4 Likes

Poulter and Mcllroy heading for a dog license or worse.

Thought USA favourites before hand and even more so now.

Weā€™re going to get smashed in the Ryder Cup. 6-2 down from yesterday, and USA are up in 3 out of 4 of the foursomes today. Going to need some turnaround.

Wow what a disappointment this Ryder cup has been. Itā€™s like the USA hammering van Helsings stakes up our ring pieces.

Not a pleasant experience.

Thought it a mistake to take postie Poulter over Rose but the difference is a lot bigger than that. European golf in the doldrums right now.

1 Like

1 Like

This was my son rolling in a 20 footer today for a 62 on a 7000 yard course. His best ever score.

Iā€™m very proud of his sporting ability.

Unfortunately he finds competition golf boring because itā€™s too slow for him

5 Likes
  1. Nice.
1 Like