General News

I get all of that.

And if it’s legal, it’s legal. I still don’t think any grown man should be asking or paying for nudes from teenagers. Because at the end of the day someone at 18 is still a teen.

Can you imagine what one who is say 30, has in common with someone who is 18. I’d dare say normal 30 year old has got nothing in common at all. :slight_smile:

If you just want to wank over someone’s photos you don’t really need to have anything in common with them :joy:

1 Like

Does it a) have to be to the nude images of an 18 year old? And b) why pay, when the internet is literally flooded with unlimited nudes of people.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t have to be an eighteen year old, obviously. But move the line to twenty one, or whatever arbitrary line you personally favour, and someone could still ask the same question. Some people are attracted to younger adults.

With regards to paying for adult content, it’s not a bad thing for the creators to get paid directly by those consuming their work and to have full control over their content without having a boss exploiting them and coercing them into doing things they may not want to do. It is a good thing.

At this stage I’m not really sure what point you’re making in this most recent post. Like, I get it, you think it’s gross. I do too, but so what?

2 Likes

Yeah we are pretty much repeating ourselves here.

Regarding this presenter. Don’t you think a BBC presenter should have a role model function? Is a grown ass man messaging and paying for nudes from an 18 year old a good role model? It’s legal. But is it good?

I’m not sure really. He’s a news presenter, not a kids tv presenter, who is it he is meant to be a role model for? As an adult, I don’t need role models, and his viewership will be almost entirely comprised of adults.

1 Like

Yeah this is a non-story.

Older men engaging in sexual acts with younger women in exchange for power/status/wealth whatever is a tale as old as time and something that will never change.

It’s a dynamic that has excited between men and women for as long as we’ve walked on two legs and it’s silly to initiate a witch hunt if nothing illegal has happened.

We can’t be moral arbiters, drawing arbitrary lines left right and centre.

1 Like

A news presenter. I would think it would be nice a news presenter has sound morals and an unbiased outlook presenting the news.

Ah well it’s the bbc after all

Just because it’s been like that for eons, doesn’t make it right. :slight_smile:

In some cultures it’s common men marry 12 year olds. It’s been like that for eons. Doesn’t make it right.

Slavery was very well accepted and considered normal for 10.000s of years. Doesn’t make it right.

So this line of thought sorry to say, doesn’t hold much water.

At the end of the day it’s up to us to make amendments to what we think is perhaps crossing the line.

I think by now it’s clear what I consider crossing the line and unnecessary behaviour from the presenter.

1 Like

Girls lawyer saying it’s bullshit now, guess the girl doesn’t want to lose out on her sugar daddy :joy:

I wouldn’t assume that news presenters, or a presenter of anything, has decent morals. It might be nice if they did, but their personal morality doesn’t really mean much with regards to their ability to present the news.

I’m not sure why you’re bringing up an unbiased outlook when presenting the news though, I don’t really see how their wanking habits relate to that at all haha.

1 Like

That’s the end of it really. People have their particular kinks, and as long as it’s legal and consensual, then who gives a shit? :slight_smile:

I think it’s disgusting, but this is a legal argument and not a moral one.

Has he broken the law? If so how? It seems weird he could have full on sex with a sixteen year old but can’t have nude pictures of a 17 year old.

I repeat, I think it is very fucking creepy. The narrative changes if he knew the girl before legal age.

Has any outlet mentioned the gender of the alleged victim? I only ask because male pro-nouns were used in a new report I heard earlier today.

Anyway, the young person may actually be the one in trouble if they’ve made photographs of themselves and used a website that’s for over 18s.

Fascinating legal battle coming up, The Sun could also be in trouble over this. What a mess.

So now we have more data for this weird story. Some guy is going to get his life ruined over a fight between a mother and daughter.

1. A lawyer representing the young person later said the claim - made by their parents - was “rubbish”.
  2. The lawyer said the young person had sent a denial to the Sun about the allegations made by their mother before the newspaper published the story on Friday.
  3. The lawyer said the young person had sent a message to the paper on Friday saying the statement made by their mother was “totally wrong and there was no truth to it”.
  4. “For the avoidance of doubt, nothing inappropriate or unlawful has taken place between our client and the BBC personality and the allegations reported in the Sun newspaper are rubbish,” the lawyer wrote.
  5. The lawyer also said press reporting amounted to an invasion of privacy, and criticised both the Sun and the BBC for not contacting their client (the alleged victim).
  6. The lawyer also claimed in the letter that the mother and the young person were estranged.
  7. The step-father went to police about the matter but was told “they couldn’t do anything as they said it wasn’t illegal”.
3 Likes

https://twitter.com/supertanskiii/status/1678543768172077064?t=B0bdWss8NtwRftNUnCe0Qg&s=19

:jorginho:

3 Likes

Huw Edwards.

Bye :wave:

https://twitter.com/pa/status/1679173218450522112?s=46

He’s not resigned.

It’s not pride. It’s Huw-bris.

1 Like

Nonces and the BBC. Name a more iconic duo

4 Likes

Is he a nonce?