General News

Probably for the same reason the choke artist guy wasn’t charged for over a week fallowing the incident even though the entire thing was caught on video.

The inhumanity in how we all as individuals and a society treat poor and unhoused people is the ugly truth no one wants to recon with.

Contrarian morons like @ryaninho and bumhappy will look for anything to justify the status quo.

“Look at this other story about a rape, he could have also potentially become a rapist”

“He’s had incidents before”

“The dead guy is the real criminal here and the guy who killed him is a victim of racism”

You two are fucking sewer slime with a keyboard.

4 Likes

They should have been arrested and charged at the same time. Their actions would have been captured by the video as well.

1 Like

Shit happens, eh.

There’s a very uncomfortable and awkward discussion to be had about this.

Particularly as it relates to the homelessness situation and mental health crisis in NYC.

4 Likes

Do you mean in general or on this forum? Because if it’s the latter I’m sure this thread will be locked in no time.

All joking aside though as @KITN says how society treats the less fortunate than themselves hasn’t changed drastically as it should have done especially as with all the other "causes " out there.

But I will say from a personal point of view homelessness and mental from the view on the streets has seemed to have improved from the 70s and 80s .
I had part of my education from that time and even as a kid you knew you were walking a minefield on the subway for instance, everywhere you looked the "crazies " were there, it just seemed part of normal life.

So from when I visit now the problem has either improved to clean up the city or as I suspect just hidden more cleverly
Much the same as when Brasil cleaned up the streets for the Olympics and the world cup

1 Like
3 Likes

We must organise a whip round to help them.
At least their tax bill will be lower, if they paid any that is.

2 Likes

I live about 200kms away and it’s smoky here and a strong smell of burning wood, thankfully it’s only mid 20s here and we’re due some rain in a couple of days

1 Like

3 Likes

Not just us, then. Smoky af here, staying indoors with windows and doors closed. Stay safe, man.

News outlets mainly seem to be saying reports the police were involved in the deaths are incorrect. Quite possible they’ve been leant on to do so.

How fast do those things go anyway?

https://twitter.com/juststop_oil/status/1661662486741778434?s=46&t=2U6XWqnXYlWg-4shy9vWIA

Nice. Literally everyone involved in that situation on both sides is a joke.

I really don’t get these guys, idiots.

Let’s kill plants in protest for the good of the environment.

The people who do this sort of stuff don’t care so much for the environment as their own egos.
What do these “look at me” idiots think they’re going to achieve?

No one is impressed with their childish, petulant behaviour and a lot of people who are affected by morons throwing paint in art galleries or gluing themselves to the road, are just annoyed by it.

3 Likes

We’re talking about it and by extension thinking about what it is they are protesting against. I’d say that’s their main aim tbh. They can’t actually have much other effect on an individual level really.

Not that I’m particularly enamoured with their methods and on a personal level I just try to be conscious about how I contribute to the problem but don’t really see any need to castigate them for what they are doing.

I’ve got no problem with what they’re protesting about or their right to do it but when they are stopping people doing their jobs or damaging art, then they should be severely punished.

They don’t seem to realises that instead of gaining support, behaviour like this actually loses it.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, I don’t think that’s true. Do you now support oil production more than you did before someone ruined a garden at the Chelsea Flower show?

They’re not actually going to stop oil. They know this. If they had the sway of a Paddy Power or Ryanair on social media maybe they could conduct impactful campaigns there, as it is this is what they’ve got.