General News

Ahh yes the innumerable talents of nepo babies like Paris Hilton, The Kardashians etc.

:wink:

1 Like

I was focusing on the athletes, film stars etc part - seeing as weā€™re all posting on a football forum that shouldnā€™t be too controversial.

Besides, by definition monarchs are literally the ultimate nepo babies lol

Not my king.
Not my god.
Not my government.
Not my idea of decent weather.

F**k this pathetic, backwards, brexit-voting, cold, miserable country.

4 Likes

I mean tbh this has really pissed me off the last couple of weeks.

When the f*** am I gonna be able to mow the lawn?!

1 Like

Perhaps I can introduce you to ā€œNo mow Mayā€. We donā€™t cut our lawn in May to encourage bees and other essential wildlife.

The bad news is, Iā€™d checked the medium-term forecast for the UK before saying that. Itā€™s grim reading, what Iā€™d give just for some ā€œmehā€ weather soon.

1 Like

Today seems to be the only pocket of ā€œnon-rainā€ day. Grass is wet because of the washout yesterday and, as you say, itā€™s only going to get worse in terms of rain over the next week.

Crack open a beer and watch the bees today. And maybe some magpies later.

1 Like

To me thatā€™s madness. Spend money on watching some leeches put on an embarrassing show in the 21st century.

A lot of people are just inherently subservient characters. Itā€™s what it is, but I detest the monarchy and everything that comes with it. And this counts for any monarchy, including the Dutch one.

4 Likes

Gotta admit though, it is quite baller to steal riches from other countries, and then wear them on your head for all to see :slight_smile:

Charlie should have worn some shades at the coronation

Itā€™s baller until the head rolls on the floor detached from the body. Like the French did with their monarchy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is lots out there like this from yesterday.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what you should be doing you dumb cunt

3 Likes

Did anyone ask him what the point of electing them would be then? :joy:

5 Likes

Would you look at that? The police apologising for the arrests that led to no charges

2 Likes

We seem to have fuck loads of starling nesting in the roofs of some of the houses where I am, luckily the little bastards havenā€™t invaded me yet but they do invade my lawn and the seed I out down last weekā€¦ Little bastards :joy: The bees and do what they want though, got some nice lavender out the front for those.

3 Likes

I have tried almost everything to try and prevent this (all but putting a scarecrow up lol)

1 Like

Invest in about half a dozen cats thatā€™ll do the trick

1 Like

Weā€™ve got 5 cats, they bring us a mouse every evening, sometimes alive, sometimes dead. Sometimes pigeons and rats too.

One of our cats has tried to impress us by killing a mouse with a death shake, degutting it with his teeth, spitting out the innards then crunching the bones with his teeth and swallowing it whole. It was both amazing and horrific.

Weā€™re doing ā€œNo mow Mayā€, giving the bees and insects a good supply of flowers while other summer flowers are still budding. The lavender bed is full of bees. I bloody love being in my garden, Iā€™m so lucky to have one.

2 Likes

Lock down certainly gave me perspective on having a garden and when I bought a new house two years ago I chose the one with the biggest garden. I wouldā€™ve been so fucked of I didnā€™t have one through that. As silly as it sounds, I too feel super lucky to have a decent sized garden.

2 Likes

My cats invite all the other cats over, the dogs arenā€™t impressed so they have to guard the chickens. Itā€™s full on cats vs dogs here

1 Like