General News

That happens all the time though because the UK, like a lot of countries, have freedom of speech laws that apply to everyone, not just citizens.

2 Likes

Fuck that shit.

Sheā€™s probably back anyway for all we know.

1 Like

Lets not lose sight of the fact that homosexuality is naturally occurring and there are gay people in every country in the world. Qatar isnā€™t free from gay people, homosexuality is not a Western thing, and Westerners like Peter Tatchell arenā€™t introducing the alien and unwanted concept of homosexuality lol, or imposing his values via cultural imperialism. There are gay people in Qatar, anyone willing to protest for their rights is doing a good thing imo, regardless of which country theyā€™re a citizen of. Heā€™s not an agent or employee of the British state, heā€™s simply one person who feels strongly enough about an issue to stage a one person peaceful non disruptive protest in a foreign country, I donā€™t see anything wrong with that. And I wouldnā€™t have an issue with a person doing the exact same thing in our country.

8 Likes

Being arrested was probably what he was hoping for.

Wait this is the dude that was advocating for Paedophilia back 1996 lol.

Morals yeah right

Heā€™d absolutely have known that heā€™d be arrested. Pretty routine for protestors to know and/or hope theyā€™ll be arrested. Really helps the person make their point, not just in terms of the additional publicity it tends to bring.

Someoneā€™s inevitably gonna ask, so why not me? Can you back that claim up please?

He was advocating for a lowering of the age of consent.

Do you remember what age he was advocating for?

Itā€™s 15 in Denmark which I think is reasonable but any lower than that and itā€™s gets sketchy imo, not to mention that anyone over the age of like 16 sleeping with a 15 yo is creepy lol

14 I believe.

Sorry 1997

Just found this

Mums net

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s too young imo, although thatā€™s the AoC in Spain.

I think so too. But I was doing things at that age :slight_smile:

I donā€™t think itā€™s a ridiculous point and I also donā€™t think he was advocating pedophilia.

I wouldnā€™t personally want the age to be lowered to 14 but itā€™s total sensationalism to say heā€™s advocating pedophilia.

2 Likes

16 in Spain I think.

Maybe we should be protesting in Albania and other Eastern European countries though to force them to make it 16.

Iā€™m actually sympathetic to his argument when it comes to same sex relationships.

Regardless of what the victim says after the fact, an adult having sex with a fucking nine year old is committing a heinous act of abuse.

More than a bit sus to introduce the age range of 9 to 13 to the argument. 9 years old ffs. Pre pubescent by a long shot, with a brain that is in no way developed enough to give informed consent.

8 Likes

Woah thatā€™s a diabolical letter.

3 Likes

Well he was advocating for it; he wanted the age of consent lowered to 14.

1 Like

Anything below 14 is ridiculous no matter what but, without too much thought on it, Iā€™d argue that our current black and white system in the UK is also overboard and needs some element of relaxation.

Something along the lines of a Romeo and Juliet law from 14-18 (I.e 17 and 15 would be fine) with a general age of 16 would be better. 14 maybe still too low, not sure.

I mean letā€™s be real most people in school are doing these things from that age anyway, itā€™s about limiting the perverts rather than putting just anyone in a cell for sexual activity.