General News

Personally i would have glued their other hands to the wall and then turned off the lights and closed for the night :rofl:

11 Likes

Bailed and on trial in December.

Stupid pricks :joy:

They should get as severe punishment as possible.
If they don’t, it will just encourage more posh, entitled, middle class students to do the same.

1 Like

We’re so fucked as a species. Enjoy it while it you can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just paint another fucking one if it gets damaged.
All this fucking art value shit is fucking insane. Fucking first world problems.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’m in favour of severe punishments for kids doing dumb ass stuff when it doesn’t involve violence. They need something more in the spirit of being pelted with tomatoes or having their phones smashed in front of them.

3 Likes

What do you mean by this exactly? Like the maximum possible under the charge made or life imprisonment?

Would certainly be fitting that those protesting the destruction of our planet get harsher sentences than those responsible for the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How’s that gonna happen then? Seeing as Van Gogh has been dead for a while. Just because there are problems in the world does it mean we can’t have nice things?
Great art in whatever form has mostly been produced by people who have suffered social deprivation unlike the entitled idiots who think it’s ok to commit vandalism to something that has not got anything to do with today’s problems.
How about vandalising government buildings or fuel stations or any other big corporations rather than an easy target.

3 Likes

I dream we can live in a world with both a planet that is not destroyed and also paintings.

6 Likes

Well it’s easy no. Someone just copies it. What’s the nonsense about putting stupid values of money on a painting.

I think originals have a cultural value though. It’s cool that a human made a cool painting to put it bluntly.

The price that private owners/collectors pay each other I just see as nonsensical, it is rich people who transfer electronical numbers between each other, it doesn’t affect anyone else.

Not that the cultural value is destroyed here any way if I understand the glass protection thing correctly.

1 Like

It’s also cool to know that it’s really old and still exists today.

1 Like

I’m assuming you don’t really like art then lol.
I suppose people who like and understand art think people who are into football are wasting their time and money following a game which pays its employees obscene amounts of money and is absolutely corrupt.

1 Like

And they’d have a good argument too.

Yeah absolutely, I mean I could’ve ranted for an hour about why I love art, I just decided to tl;dr it :sweat_smile:

Give them whatever the maximum punishment is for this offence.
Probably a hefty fine, not that a few grand is going to deter them.

Like I said before, Ive got no problems with people protesting but doing things like stopping workers by gluing yourself to the road is just going to alienate themselves from people who might otherwise have sympathised with them.

Throwing soup over a painting is pretty pathetic and is hardly like sitting in front of a red army tank in Tiananmen Square.
Probably the most edgy thing this virtue signaller did before this was to dye her hair pink.

2 Likes

What does understanding art mean exactly. I can appreciate a painting, but any deeper significance, explain it.

You know something else that’s old and cool? The planet we live on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t that the whole point? It means different stuff to different people.