General News

Alot of the regression in the UK is caused by this at every level

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s up to the individual to decide that too much energy is being produced to satisfy the greed of the general consumer.
Itā€™s being produced so everybody can have the latest gadgets, even more disposable plastic shit,cheaper holidays etc ,the list goes on because we live in a consumer society where we find it easier to blame governments.
Everybody wants to earn more money to buy more stuff that we donā€™t really need, everybody is guilty of this. The industrial revolution and technical progression has fucked this planet, big corporations have pushed everything onto the end user and we are the ones who end up paying for a fucked up planet.

Its easier to say nuclear energy is cleaner from production but its no difference when itā€™s still contributing to a society who are polluting the planet.
I produce all my own electricity and hot water and grow organic food, I really do try to do my best but Iā€™m still contributing to the downfall of nature in other ways.
The problem isnā€™t how we produce our power itā€™s how we are corrupting the power for our own selfish needs. Itā€™s in our genetic makeup we always want more so weā€™ll produce more.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the system we live in however. I agree though we are conditioned by mega-corps to consume consume consume.

1 Like

So nuclear power has been a topic of lateā€¦

1 Like

Fucking awful, isnā€™t it? Hopefully he pulls through.

2 Likes

New York going backwards towards the 70s

Crime at every level is rampant

1 Like

Honestly feels like the best response would be just reading the book now.

Big Mick Energy :goat:

4 Likes

Just fwiw the news reported this happened in western New York state, not in NYC. Big difference.

4 Likes

Terrible news about Rushdi. That said, I read his ā€œSatanic Versesā€ and itā€™s not a particularly good or interesting book to read.

Religious idiots got their panties in a bunch and made it more controversial thus more intriguing.

1 Like

Didnt Cat Stevens threaten to kill him once, too?

(Or did I dream that upā€¦)

I think he did, the man lives in a wild world.

3 Likes

fights temptation about the first cut being the deepest

3 Likes

Was trying to work it in there maybe should wait until heā€™s OK though, we should find out when morning has broken

3 Likes

They should all just jump on that Peace Train.

3 Likes

Heā€™s got better songs though, check them out for Yusuf.

4 Likes

Something to think about for the pro-frackers

1 Like

The West ā€œcondemning the actions of the attacker and in return glorifying the actions of the insulter to Islamic beliefs is a contradictory attitude,ā€ Kanaani said.

No it isnā€™t, you nasty cunt.

ā€œWe, in the incident of the attack on Salman Rushdie in the U.S., do not consider that anyone deserves blame and accusations except him and his supporters,ā€ Kanaani said.

Another sentence that absolutely makes total sense. This fella is on a roll.

3 Likes

This is nuts. Doesnā€™t seem like any of the ministers quit or protested this.