General News

That was different. Probably.

1 Like

@Stroller

3 Likes

Tip of the iceberg. Slippery slope etc.

1 Like

@mhappy please write border and not boarder, it hurts me reading it as a non-native English writer

2 Likes

ā€œI got you wrongly convicted, jailed for 16 years and ruined your life. Oops, sorry about thatā€

2 Likes

God damn those are some hatefully dead eyes.

1 Like

Apparently she even pointed him out in the court room yet weā€™re supposed to ā€œbelieve all womenā€.

Iā€™m sorry but no, the human mind just isnā€™t reliable enough when it comes to using memories as evidence. Cases like these are why so many rapes arenā€™t convicted.

3 Likes

A high percentage of black men are at the end of a lot of false rape allegations

6 Likes

People who support that line of argument generally donā€™t even acknowledge that false allegations happen, and would be quite happy for innocent people to be imprisoned off the back of them.

2 Likes

Especially where the accuser is a white woman I would imagine.

7 Likes

You would be right on the money my friend

3 Likes

So are you saying White women just go around falsely accusing Black guys of rape or getting the wrong Black guy?

Nope just in terms of false rape allegations itā€™s disproportionately against black man when it comes to white women

3 Likes

Good lord

Months later, she reported seeing a black man in the street who she thought was her attacker, and alerted police.

An officer then detained Mr Broadwater, who had reportedly been in the area at the time.

After his arrest, Ms Sebold failed to pick him out in a police line-up, selecting another man. But Mr Broadwater was tried anyway and Ms Sebold identified him as her attacker in court. He was convicted based on her account and microscopic hair analysis.

Good fucking lord.
I feel bad for her but man, a life destroyed.

2 Likes

Makes you wonder just how many people are currently incarcerated even though they are completely innocent.

2 Likes

Lots in Australia over the last 2 years.

2 Likes

All the while people dying in their homes due to lack of heating in this brutal winter.

And yet the British public get mad at those highlighting that instead.

1 Like

27 grand on takeaway in 8 months?! Were they ordering from Salt Bae?!

2 Likes

Probably

Well stop subsiding green energy and prices would go down