General News

Not the first time I have done what? Ask you politely to clarify something?

I think this is the problem, you assume that your perspective is common sense, or self-evident. It wasn’t, at least not to me. It seemed to me like the person you agreed with was not biased and had no vested interest in your opinion, but that the guy you disagreed with was biased and did have a vested interest. I was hoping you could explain why it was a case of bias versus impartiality, rather than simply being two videos made by people approaching an issue from different ideological perspectives.

There’s literally nothing you can point to about my post that indicates I’m looking for a fight or that I have an issue with you. I was literally seeking to have a discussion with you about something you said, and was perfectly polite and non aggressive in how I approached responding you.

So again, if you can describe exactly what about this isn’t reasonable discourse and has led to you feeling attacked, that’d be great. If you’re willing to admit that on reflection that might not have been a reasonable response on your behalf, even better.

Honestly, I can’t get my head this. You come here and reply to a post that wasn’t aimed at you specifically, and then when I in turn reply, you have the balls to complain that I’m picking a fight with you lol

Maybe I did think was self evident maybe the language was to simple in this instance. And maybe I do have a little frustration because you have a tendency to ask explanation/clarification on things that in my view doesn’t even need one and I did not want to insult you like I did last time which was immature so that’s why I asked if you did. But let’s end it here as it has distracted from the matter at hand the topic brought up in both vids. I do feel the first guy is in attack mode due to his beliefs on the matter without being any evidence to contradict the article. That’s the reason I said he has a bias which is why you should take a look at the other coming from a different point of view

1 Like

I was going to reply to your initial post in some depth, go back and rewatch the video I posted so I could reply to your various assertions in detail, and also watch the video you posted in the interests of discussing it, but I definitely won’t now. All I did was ask a question and that was somehow taken as a sign of attack, if I actually challenged some your points rather than just asking a solitary question you’d probably take it as an outright declaration of war lol.

So yeah, let’s.

But if anyone else watched the video I posted, has any opinions on it, and won’t feel attacked by me asking them a follow up question about their opinion, I’d still be up for that.

Fair enough that’s up to you but I’m not sure there are many who would find anything wrong or to an extent disagree with what was brought up in your vid

1 Like

I’m not gonna lie, I went into that video in good faith.

But then when he said the article was a hateful bigoted awful piece of shit or whatever, with that kind of language, I turned it off.

There’s no nuance it seems. This is a sensitive subject. And if everything that raises concerns about things like lesbians having uncomfortable experiences with men who transitioned into females, is let with this kind of tone, you turn people off.

4 Likes

To be clear, you turned off after he made a statement you disagreed with without taking the time to listen to any possible justification or explanation? Sounds like the good faith was possibly in fairly short supply if I’m honest mate lol.

Obviously your prerogative (and as I think could be inferred from my post, I didn’t exactly expect anyone to take time out their day to watch the video), but it kind of prevents us discussing it. Its not really about entirely dismissing the concerns of lesbians, one of the points he makes is how the article fails to actually provide good examples or evidence for the headline or premise of the article.

It’s hard to say something lacks nuance if you refuse to even listen to someone justify their point. In a literal sense, how can you dismiss someone’s argument as lacking nuance when you haven’t actually listened to their argument?

It’s a shame as you’re usually so receptive to hearing about, or often personally highlighting, journalistic failings of the BBC :grin:

1 Like

Ok I’ll give it another go at some point :arteta:

1 Like

Seems like a guy tried to commit an act of terror, his plan got messed up and he subsequently blew himself up.

Distrubing amount of radicalized nutters in the UK.

1 Like

It’s drivel. Throw around some dirt, plant the seed.

Evidence comes later, or in most cases when the West smears China or Russia or another “boogeyman”, it comes never.

Russia is fucked up in its own ways. It’s a paper tiger and an oligarchical ran mobcracy. It’s a story for another time.

The media here are absolutely not an inch better. All they do is the dirty work for our governments, selling us another war based on lies.

3 Likes

Apparently he was going to the church near by but was caught in traffic so change course to the hospital. That’s speculation at the moment also the man being a Somali Muslim :grimacing:

Yeah it’s seems the taxi driver pulled a die hard and averted a bigger attack whilst getting rid of a terrorist

Fair play to him, deserves the key to the city

6 Likes

Yeah possibly going to attack a Remembrance Day service

I wonder if he wanted to blow up an abortion hospital or something mad like that.

Four Lions shit

Not perplexed with UK’s crime rate because I am sure every major city has that but the kind of crimes is concerning.
The other day I read some kid died while trying to stop ‘further’ stabbing of an 84 year old woman.
What sort of incentive would someone have to attack an 84 year old in public?

They’re called psychopaths.

3 Likes

Little bit of info below…

3 Likes

The Shamima Begum case set a precedent…

4 Likes

Someone just drove a fucking car through a Christmas parade in a market in Wisconsin…

This is much worse than I thought.
Most of the victims are young girls.

Trump voter?