General News

The point is that the church look down on people who don’t follow them.
They accuse non believers of being immoral because they don’t follow their stupid outdated rules.

For people that claim to be so tolerant of others you guys really comes across the opposite.

I haven’t seen anyone on here claim they are more tolerant but I certainly have an intolerance to organised religion, who only exist because of their lies, hatred, control and manipulation of susceptible people from a very young age.

I also didn’t say everyone should be condemned, just the leaders, who’s hypocrisy and hatred is there for all to see.

1 Like

There are Mormons in the UK!?

Aren’t they LDS?

There are a couple of Mormon girls on the building site I’m on at the moment, they’re learning to become plumbers because their community doesn’t have one haha.

2 Likes

There are so many Latter Day Saints temples, it’s surprising.

There’s only two temples in the UK :slight_smile:

Maybe you are thinking of wards/branches.

I’ve always wanted to visit Salt Lake City and see what the vibe is like there.

1 Like

It’s weird.

I have quite a few friends that live in Salt Lake City through my old job and they loved living their for the physical activity side of things (you’re an hour from the lakes and an hour from the mountains, crazy national parks etc.) but from a cultural perspective the Mormons run the state with an iron fist.

Draught beer has to be less than 4% and when you order a rum and coke in a bar they have to make it in a back room so that people aren’t offended by the sight of alcohol etc.

Mormors also come across as a bit weird/disingenuous in the sense that they are unnaturally positive and happy all the time. I’ve met quite a few through work as well and there’s a real stepford wives feel to them.

Would love to go to Utah to experience it as well though, think it would be a bit surreal. BYU only just allowed soft drinks and coffee to be sold on their campus a year or two ago lol

6 Likes

Anyone seen The Book of Mormon?

2 Likes

Yeah it was fucking fantastic haha Absolutely loved it

2 Likes

Exactly this.

1 Like

Nobody has ever respected a non believer in the entire existence of religion? :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I’d like to see a religion that doesn’t explicitly classify non-believers as second/third class or pagans or whatever.

1 Like

The Quakers come close. Genuinely some of the nicest non-judgemental people I’ve ever met.

2 Likes

They do good porridge too.

1 Like

I respect the hell out of you :santi:

1 Like

Overwhelmingly for the most part. Time to give the world ago without.
Had a few million years to spread your word and basically fucked it up.
Just give us 50 years for now and see how we do.

3 Likes
1 Like

This is well done by Police Scotland :clap:

I’ve always wondered what makes a guy whistle or cat call a woman in public

5 Likes