General News

Just kidding

You must have an impression of me though? Other than ā€œhilarious, smart girlā€ obviously.

:ozil:

2 Likes

Youā€™re laughing. Iā€™m proven correct.

Letā€™s see. Are you a control freak who likes to cook, clean and has a penchant for folksy songs with awkward titles?

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

I see what you did there.

The traits I take from them both are that I am competitive and have to play by the rules at all times. I do like cooking too, though not as a job. From Phoebe, Iā€™m just weird. Or wonderfully weird as Mike said :star_struck:

Close though, lol.

When I was a kid I read a book on the Shankhill Butchers, you can read a little about what they were on Wiki but from that point Iā€™ve never felt safe walking in Belfast, even as a Prod. The reality is we donā€™t care about religion, we worship sadism, I loathe my country and if it werenā€™t for Windsor Park Iā€™d never set foot in Belfast.

5 Likes

Yeah I read that. One of the saddest things ive ever read.
There was kid wanting to leave and go to the states who ends up a victim in it.
Haunted me that for a good while. Not a pleasant read but one that needed writing.

1 Like

Is it on audible? I have a credit.

Exactly bro, people are always going on the bombings- we did a lot of that shit. Yet no one ever really talks about the horrendous darkness, decapitation, skinning. Terrible country, terrible people.

@shammy, no I donā€™t think it is, itā€™s one of those old books where you just have to look at pictures of the victims and perps and just feel really uneasy about everything

3 Likes

One I read was by Martin Dillon that ring any bells with you author wise. Early 90s I think.

2 Likes

This is the one that is referenced in the shorter wiki descriptions that Castiel mentioned earlier.

@Castiel do you remember the title of the book? Is it Martin Dillonā€™s?

Yep thatā€™s the author, thereā€™s probably a few books on it but Dillonā€™s is a strong account.

1 Like

This happens every single year and it blows my mind. Why canā€™t these people just not go into the fucking sea in the first place??

2 Likes

Should really be hammered into kids and parents minds at school tbh

Saying that, the cautions about cold water and hidden currents was never really given to me in primary or secondary. I remember RNLI guys came in once for a talk about what they do and open water but thatā€™s about it

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if youā€™re talking about particularly treacherous waters here, but if not, you make it sound like going for a swim in the sea is totally fucking mental, when itā€™s a perfectly normal thing to do lol

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m talking about loch lomond which is a deep as fuck loch and people under estimate how deep it is all the time

12 Likes

:joy: :joy:

That said I do believe that the massive amounts of RnD that SpaceX, Virgin Galactic and Blue Origin will benefit us in the long run.

Itā€™s clear that NASA canā€™t fund space exploration entirely on their own and if Brandon and Bezosā€™ childhood dreams provide leaps and developments in our ability to execute space travel Iā€™m all for it.

I have a lot more time for this kind of thing that will have a net positive for humanity than Saudi Princes spending billions on diamond covered Bentleys and mansions in the desert and Monaco.

4 Likes

For me Bezos and Branson are just two rich guys playing out a childhood fantasy, and turning it into an expensive theme park ride. Nothing that either of those two are doing is ground breaking, although Iā€™m sure some RND developments will come from it.

9 Likes