General News

Statute of limitations is such a strange law.

1 Like

Thoughts?

I donā€™t understand why marijuana is illegal :man_shrugging:t2:

Utterly ridiculous

Fun Police :slight_smile:

Iā€™d have thought that marijuana use (recreational drug use generally) is either going to be neutral or a negative influence on sporting performance, so to me it makes no sense for sporting bodies to sanction people for its use.

Iā€™m sure she just had it in her system and didnā€™t take it before performing, so this isnā€™t at all relevant really, but back in my teens weā€™d often smoke up and kick a ball about, if we got a game going against sober people weā€™d pretty much get our arses totally handed to us and look an absolute state after just a few minutes of gameplay lol

Itā€™s main use is as a powerful anti-inflammatory. So you could make an argument that it is performance enhancing because it aids in recovery.

As a side note, I think every guy in my BJJ class is a stoner. Some of them get super baked before they get on the mat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d say itā€™s main use is to get people high :grin:

Point taken about the aspect in which it could actually be considered beneficial, I didnā€™t know that, thanks.

It may be a shit rule, but it is still the rule.

If she broke it, then there isnā€™t much of a case.

Hopefully the rules change after this.

4 Likes

Think sheā€™s made an idiot choice and something she would of been advised about.
Pissed away a gold medal shot and years of hard work.

11 Likes

Not the first time this has happened but seems completely fucked up.

Imagine getting sued by the same cunt who took a picture of you without your permission.

The court will probably rule in the paparazziā€™s favour because its his copyrighted property or whatever the fuck, but I just canā€™t even. Particularly the line where they said Dua Lipa posted it without ā€œpermission or authorisationā€. What, you mean like how you obtained the photo in the first place?

5 Likes

Hopefully it shows something needs to be done over copyright law.

How the fucking hell can Colin Pitchfork get released from prison.

4 Likes

Life should mean life. For me thatā€™s not enough

I feel terrible for the families of the victims. The UKā€™s record on crimes against women is horrific

2 Likes

Im not against rehabilitation and not a hang em and flog em brigade.
The problem now in this country for me is the disregard for victims families. Itā€™s beyond contempt the disregard shown to these people.

Itā€™s a madness when you consider how many prisoners that went down under Blairā€™s IPP (Imprisonment for Public Protection) plan for minor violent acts are still in prison 20 years later. Iā€™m talking about crimes like having 1 too many drunked fights in the town centre or 1 lad did numerous criminal acts but the IPP one he got done for was going into a bank with a replica gun. Iā€™ve heard some people are in years over their sentences for IPPs on criminal damage charges, so not even violent acts

Yet theyā€™ve let out a vilent murdering rapist someone who is disagnosed with psychopathic personality disorder. Another reason why Blairā€™s a cunt, he was told about the possible implications of IPP legislation and still pushed it to go through to look tough on crime.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not against his release, but I would love to read the psychological report on the guy.

Is anyone following whatā€™s going on in Cuba I read that the police opened fire on protesters :grimacing:

Thought youā€™d like this @JakeyBoy @Electrifying

8 Likes