General News

Well the motivation doesn’t matter anymore once a life was lost. Fuck them.

1 Like

:eyes:

It’s a little black kid that’s gone missing so the Met showing their true colours as per :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’d have thought that the police would have more training, experience and resources when it comes to finding missing people than a random mother would :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Turns out it was a female officer who said that. Didn’t expect a woman to make such an insensitive comment.

“I told a police officer that my son was missing, please help me find him, and she said ‘if you can’t find your son, how do you expect police officers to find your son for you?’” Ms Joel said.

Guess police officers just get desensitised over the years with continuous exposure to misery. They should be pulled away periodically to desk jobs.

1 Like
5 Likes

How to make a threat without making a threat.

Not to be all Gervais about it, but controversies over blasphemy in 21st century Britain, miss me with that nonsense please.

1 Like

Are they responsible for the actions of some individuals if we all do want they want?

1 Like

Should be arrested and charged under terrorism and incitment to violence laws

Saw that story, it’s being propagated by the usual right wing talking heads who want the UK to replicate the same hostility towards Muslims from the state seen in France.

I don’t think so. Local religious radicals have bullied the school into suspended/sacking a teacher for doing his job by threatening violence. It’s newsworthy.

1 Like

Having gone through the context and read the quotation, It is hard to make that point without sounding like a threat. I believe the intention wasn’t to threaten.

That said making a big deal out of it will surely increase the chances of individuals escalating the situation. So this guy is certainly not helping if his intentions are correct.

On sidenote, I like below quote from teacher’s neighbours.

One neighbor, Jamal Alterk, said that he got on well with the family. “They’re decent. I think what happened is not with any intention or any racism or anything like that. We are Muslim. At Eid they would give us Eid Mubarak cards for the kids, and even sweets, halal sweets for the kids. He probably wasn’t aware that the cartoon could be offensive.”
Another neighbor said: “I don’t think he’d do anything to insult anyone. We’re Muslims, and they’re a really nice family.”

1 Like

Of course it is, they’ll never turn down such an opportunity when they’re presented with it.

If the teacher’s been sacked over this, it’s a load of bollocks.

There may still be a need to show that cartoon in future for awareness and education. Prohibition only goes so far, in my opinion.

This is right wing spin you’d see in the Mail. It doesn’t accurately reflect the facts or situation. Nobody from the local community or parents has threatened violence.

it’s funny how peaceful protest and demands of accountability get spun to demonise a community.

Would Khashoggi be one of the ones on the left?

1 Like

The report I read in The Times stated the teacher isn’t just suspended (he shouldn’t be) but in hiding. I quote:

“It has been suggested locally that he has been forced to move out for his own safety.”

Not only that but the school was forced to close and move to online learning. How is that not violent harrassment?

Parents and religious leaders should not be intimidating schools and calling for a teacher to be fired for expressing their freedom of speech during a lesson. The imam who said ‘we can not be responsible’ hinting at attacks should be arrested.

We’re at a stage where religious radicals are ceonsoring freedom of speech and intimidating schools and teachers.

2 Likes

This is a phenomenon. All of a sudden everyone with a unpracticed Muslim background becomes practicing Muslims when a picture is shown.

2 Likes

None of what you have posted here amounts to an explicit threat of violence like you stated? Peacefully assembling at the school to demand accountability isn’t harassment.

This isn’t a freedom of speech issue at all. FOS doesn’t exist in schools, teachers and student alike a very strictly constrained in what they can say or do in the course of their activites.

For an RS teacher to show a cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH, either deliberately or inadvertently, is extremely inappropriate, unprofessional and clearly contrary to the national curriculum. It’s particularly insensitive when a majority of your class is of South Asian origin.

Completely right to suspend the teacher pending a further investigation into his intentions. Parents have every right to be outraged and demand answers.

2 Likes