General News

That’s like saying a kid who leaves home and ends up on the streets deserve all they get.
There’s no way this does anything to stop any youngsters being influenced on joining these organisations.
It’s more likely used in a propaganda way of telling them your not British.
You have more chance of her being deradicalised making people listen.

Just as a note, I’m not saying that’s what I believe. I just think that’s how the government are treating it.

1 Like

I’m for her being brought back so she can be punished and locked away, no doubt as a minor she wasn’t fully mature and most likely didn’t understand the gravity and consequences of the decisions she was making, however she can’t be fully absolved from her actions, she was able to join a terrorist organisation end up half way round the world through her own agency after all, and it’s still not clear If the Islamic state had succeeded she wouldn’t even now still be supporting those disgusting anti human beliefs (read that she doesn’t regret joining or her actions).

The crimes ISIS committed to which she would of been complicit even if by association, beheading, mass murder, mutilation, suicide bombings, rape including the buying and selling of girls as young as 9 as sex slaves is absolutely unforgivable. And any previous member should rightfully be punished to the full extent of the law. She’s lucky her captors were Kurds, if it was the other way round and she was captured by ISIS no one would of ever heard from her again.

2 Likes

She’s a pychopath with no human empathy who didn’t give 2 shits about all the killings, ethnic cleansing and beheadings. In fact she was part of the policing that led to beheadings. It’s also clearly apparent in his post ISIS interviews she has no remorse. Not the type of person who should be talking to school children.

3 Likes

No it isn’t. It’s like saying to the kid who ran away to Nazi Germany, became a citizen there in order to join the SS and round up the Jews, Gypsies and Communists that they deserve all they get. That would be much more accurate.

2 Likes

Loads of kids joined paramilitary organisations in Northern Ireland in the 70s and now are part of normal life.
It took ultimately after loads of blood shed talking and negotiating with some of these people to solutions.

1 Like

Signing up to paramilitary groups within a regional conflict, within the UK where some of your friends and family are perhaps the victims of violence and murder, is in nowhere comparable to signing up to commit genocide and mass murder in a foreign Islamofascist state.

Her solution would be to kill all kurds, kill all homosexuals, anyone not within her extremist branch of Islam. All while re-introducing slavery

I kind of have a problem with people seeing any of these people as victims. They aren’t, they saw all of the absolute face of evil before they went and made the choice of that’s what they wanted in life.

3 Likes

Why though? She’s being punished as it is. I’d rather it not be to the millions of pounds of taxpayers expense. Which it would be just for the court case before you even get into prison costs.

Exactly.

Let her continue to experience those unbearable summers down there.

Hope she gets heat stroke.

And people supporting or being part of bombing pubs,knee capping, tar and feathering is a bit more extreme than a local conflict.
For the most part these people came from normal family backgrounds.
Yeah this is different in many aspects but something flicks that switch that turns people.

Just read this transcript from an interview she did.

Hard to stomach some of the things she says, but at least she’s being honest. I certainly won’t be losing any sleep over the fact she won’t be allowed to return.

2 Likes

Yep, fuck that bitch.

2 Likes

She was a scumbag, but a British scumbag and not a Bengali one.

So to fob her off to them is poor form. She is our responsibility to bring to justice.

4 Likes

Yes I won’t deny some of those things are horrific. I don’t really remember this period very well, pretty much a child and hearing about it from a far

I suppose the pyschology behind it is interesting. Having no empathy for the other tribal type of thing and seeing a monolythic group as an enemy

1 Like

Agreed, trying to get Bangladesh to take her was wrong.

Leaving her in Syria is a compromise I can live with.

Can she naturalise as a Syrian citizen? I mean she did go all the way there to fight for their right to an Islamic paradise.

2 Likes

This is ultimately all that matters so people need to eliminate their emotions and understand that she is British and that’s that. You can’t just render someone stateless

1 Like

You’re factually wrong, she’s technically no longer British. There’s legal precedence for people being expatriated and MPs can put forth law to expatriate people. The United States expatriates it’s citizens and she certainly wouldn’t get back in there and she’d tick many of these boxes:

Unted States Potentially Expatriating Acts. Briefly stated, these acts include:

1. obtaining naturalization in a foreign state after the age of 18 (Sec. 349 (a) (1) INA);
  2. taking an oath, affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or its political subdivisions after the age of 18 (Sec. 349 (a) (2) INA);
  3. entering or serving in the armed forces of a foreign state engaged in hostilities against the United States or serving as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer in the armed forces of a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (3) INA);
  4. accepting employment with a foreign government after the age of 18 if (a) one has the nationality of that foreign state or (b) an oath or declaration of allegiance is required in accepting the position (Sec. 349 (a) (4) INA);
  5. formally renouncing U.S. nationality before a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer outside the United States (sec. 349 (a) (5) INA);
  6. formally renouncing U.S. nationality within the United States (The Department of Homeland Security is responsible for implementing this section of the law, and any inquiries should be directed to DHS) (Sec. 349 (a) (6) INA);
  7. conviction for an act of treason against the Government of the United States or for attempting by force to overthrow, or bear arms against, the Government of the United States (Sec. 349 (a) (7) INA).
2 Likes

She doesn’t even sound sorry in that interview. Even said she didn’t regret it.

But what I want to know is why did nobody taken her baby son off her? I know that since that interview, he died in the camp. That’s disgraceful.

3 Likes

I love how we just dropped this hot potato onto Bangladesh :slight_smile:

ISIS that’s something we don’t hear a whole lot about compared to 5-7 years ago.

2 Likes