General News

Only issue with that is that they look so out of place due to all the rest of those ugly ass inbred looking faces in the crowd.

Well I would say they deserve to be memes based on those pants.

:rofl:FFS

1 Like

Agree with what you say @BizzySignal.

Another issue I have is people that are say narrow minded that theyā€™ll only vote one way their whole life irrespective of performance of the left or right wing governments. I can say Iā€™ve voted both left and right over my time when it comes to elections, Iā€™m narrow minded to the point itā€™ll always be one particular way.

2 Likes

I actually studied there :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Those boys are getting rinsed on UB1UB2 on Insta :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I love that, lol.

Injection :joy::joy:

1 Like

@arsenescoatmaker I donā€™t know to be honest mate, End of the day everything the government pays for comes from us, so question is are we willing to pay more taxes for these things? Most people here are willing to pay higher taxes for a nhs and free education, itā€™s a sacrifice most British people are willing to make for the betterment of everyone else. I think Most people on this fair Island think everyone should be entitled to good health care and education (thatā€™s debatable) Not sure if people would be willing to fund all that other stuff.

@Stroller not sure mate. I wouldnā€™t say weā€™ve ever really had a proper free market economy to call it a failure when itā€™s in a mess. Reasoning also being, that the market will correct it self with out intervention but that hasnā€™t ever really happened. Weā€™re capitalist society but also a pretty heavily regulated one.

@Aussiegooner yeah I donā€™t personally understand the obsession that it exists with partisan politics, especially in America. Itā€™s so strange you can watch a random video on YouTube, and guaranteed there will be one comment at least talking about republicans or democrats. Itā€™s a strange time, because like someone else said I think it was @JakeyBoy or @Electrifying Boris is meant to be a conservative right wing politician yet the amount of regulation and government intervention weā€™re seeing here in the UK now is probably more than any labour government of the last 50 years. So in this context what is right or left?

For me though I donā€™t personally agree with big government, over regulation, censorship, encroachment of rights or civil liberties, I donā€™t like this current trend towards victim culture where no one is responsible for anything and everyone is a victim in some way, donā€™t like PC culture and SJWs. Recently the more I read and watch Friedman, Sowell and Hayek and Frankl(especially in regards to personal Liberty and responsibility) the more I agree with them, the data they use for their arguments are very compelling to me. Not knocking anyone because I respect everyone elseā€™s opinion, and I know we all have different experience in our lives that shape our opinions.

6 Likes

This is the thing, if in government I wouldnā€™t make the general populace earning under 100k pay more tax. Iā€™d tax the fuck out of tax dodging companies like Amazon and Ebay. Iā€™d put a 40% VAT tax on their websites and if they didnā€™t comply Iā€™d make them illegal websites on any British ISP.

Thereā€™s allot that can be done to make the mega rich pay their fair share to benefit the general populace without increasing the tax burden on 99% of citizens.

3 Likes

Youā€™d never get elected if u ran on that platform. The big corporations would bomb your political career out of existence :joy::joy:

1 Like

Maybe, but the general public would warm to the message. 99% of people hate big business not paying their fair share of tax. Trump actually got shedloads of votes on rhetoric such as removing corruption, ie ā€˜draining the swampā€™. Tax avoidance of the mega rich is probably a bigger vote winner. As is offering more afforable housing, lower taxes for the working class and a higher minimum wage are all big vote winners because it helps most peoples actual lives

Yeah exactly!

Also, bailouts go against free market principles, and the surveillance expansion many right wing governments are doing goes against the idea of a small government.

So I think these are outdated terms.

But then youā€™ve also got hard right people advocating for freedom of speech, while left wing people now want internet companies to regulate discourse on the net.

1 Like

Itā€™s more nuanced than this though isnā€™t it. Being deplatformed isnā€™t stopping someone from saying what they want.

Should a platform be able to ban someone from their service for inciting hatred, being racist, encouraging insurection and encouraging hate speech? Thatā€™s their free market right surely. Itā€™s not stopping anyone from having the right to speak, itā€™s simply saying ā€˜not in my propertyā€™.

So Property Rights always trump Free Speech in a democracy with free speech.

Weā€™re not stopping you from saying what you want, weā€™re just going to make sure that you canā€™t be heard.

Thereā€™s also so called left wingers wanting to jail snowden, Chelsea Manning and Assange.

And then the right wing libertarians wanting them to be free.

There are strange alliances happening on each issue and the left and right stuff just doesnā€™t hold true imo.

1 Like

By left wing do you mean the Democratic party? Iā€™d consider them a right wing party, especially when it comes to their general warhawk stances. And generally we canā€™t forget they did everything in their power to stop Sanders winning 2 Primaries

1 Like

You have labour voters, SNP politicians, labour politicians wanting Assange in the jail.

You guys may have balls but youā€™ll never have Alexei Navalny balls. :bergkamp:

2 Likes

You mean his nerve toxin proof balls?

1 Like

His nerve toxin proof balls of steel. The man has just sent out a worldwide FUCK YOU to Vladimir Putin and his corrupt oligarch buddies by flying home to Moscow 5 months after being Novichokā€™d - believing heā€™d be arrested by armed police when he landed.

Youā€™ve got to respect a man with that kind of dedication to his beliefs.

6 Likes