General News

Because his office is basically the most important in the world.

Hence we should be all worried Silicon Valley can ban someone sitting in the most powerful position like it’s nothing

he should be different why?

We have always had laws to combat monopolistic business models which create high barrier to entry for other businesses.
It is essential to tackle this to maintain a free market.

Facebook, Google, Microsoft keep purchasing platforms which are new market threat and absorb them, thereby killing the competition.
There is only two mobile OS in the market, only two major app store in the market, and it is not really viable to let that continue and also let them dictate the terms, as much as it is their right.

No point continuing this particular narrative. We both have pretty clear positions.

I think the alt-right and fringe right has gotten so much momentum now that the Big Tech supporting them and giving them a platform to spew their vitriol and hate has just become so untenable now that they’ve gotta boot them or face serious backlash from the moderates and activist investors.

2 Likes

It is impossible to curate each and every post on twitter, facebook, youtube and you will always find outliers, even if you try your best to implement your business consistently.

Just because they got away, doesn’t mean Trump should get away.

1 Like

Media outlets/platforms are within their rights to censor or correct or ban lies from right wingers on their platforms. Ethically they have a duty to stop those that suppress democracy

I agree but It’s different when the Tweets are from other high profile characters. Like the Grand Ayatollah is a very powerful man, one of the most powerful in the Middle East. Millions of Shias Muslims worship the guy and would act out on his orders.

1 Like

So far they promised before the election never to have another Donald trump. I’m doing so they suppressed news that was damaging to Biden, banned people for saying the election was rigged (while nit doing the same for the Russia hoax) and finally banning the president. All this while as mentioned above far worse individuals and groups are still on they platform

So it ok to have left wing lies? While suppressing Democracy?

1 Like

We shouldn’t act like these guys are unstoppable, I’m with @shamrockgooner they do more egregious things in the realm of tax and no one cares enough to do anything about it.

They’re just todays bad guys because they pushed the wrong buttons and it whips up a storm.

3 Likes

looool

2 Likes

I always view them as bad guys for many reasons censorship is the latest one

1 Like

If you do, fair play. All the power to ya. Point still stands.

1 Like

I wasn’t disagreeing

1 Like

The only suppression of democracy is coming from the ultra right wing. You’ve made up a false narrative of left wing lies. The right wing of America comletely lives of lies, the left wing doesn’t

There isn’t even a left wing in America when it comes down to it. It’s batshit crazy right versus to the right of the Conservatives (UK)

See that is your problem and the problem of many. You think only the other side lies that’s just a naive way to look at the world. Everyone has the capacity to lie on all sides of the park. You just have to keeps your wits about you and find information yourself. I can’t be like you just blindly follow because of my in group.

2 Likes

You are right but the last line applies to you as well

2 Likes

#BecomeaDependalist