General News

Has the divide been this bad thou? It’s got to the point where you can see the same event and get two different stories from it depending on view points

You wouldn’t apply this kind of nonchalance to any other industry with a handful of companies with a global monopoly and a clear pattern of anti trust/competition violation abuse.

Parler is banned from Google’s play store and Apples app store, how do I install the app on my device? Impeding access to alternative choices is censorship. It goes against our values as part of a free society

Like most annoying thing about these companies is that consistently ignore their rules

2 Likes

I was just about to say exactly the same thing.

I’m seeing so many leftists using the example of the Christian bakery not selling wedding cakes to gay couples and indirectly supporting it now :joy:

2 Likes

Tough. :man_shrugging:

Yeah well not a valid argument

2 Likes

That’s such an over blown story😂 they were willing to sell them cake just not willing to write anything on there that went against they faith

Such as?

I’m sure most of you know my fairly hardline stance on freedom of speech and censorship, but Twitter has let Trump get away with absolute murder for years now and him and his supporters have been such egregious cunts for so long, taking the absolute piss and pushing the boundaries of factualism so much that I’m actually OK with him getting thrown off every single platform.

Twitter bans ISIS accounts too.

4 Likes

Should we not hold a sitting president to a higher level of morality & principles?

There’s no practical comparison, the level of control and market share between google, Amazon and Facebook have is literally unprecedented, we’ve never seen it before at this scale which is why it should concern you when they work in unison to impede the free access of information and speech.

Lol don’t know about that because I don’t know any president who was the bastion of morality and principle :joy:

1 Like

Society is no more divided than it was before. Arguably it’s even less divided. It’s just a narrative that gets thrown out when convenient. Like right now.

Lol yeah. I guess this shows is that we’re all capable of being hypocrites, or at least inconsistent. Because people on the right who supported the bakers based on principles have now forgotten those principles because this time it doesn’t align with their beliefs.

It is worth noting that the Christian bakers won in the end, so that offers a precedence of sort that supports the position of those who have no problem with these companies deciding what views they want to be associated with.

1 Like

Them being one is another question.
I asked should we as people not expect a higher level of morality from a sitting president?

Only thing Apple really did wrong with Parler was slap a 24hour deadline, that was muscle flexing. They were happy with them up till that point.

They’ll always be a Fox news for him and his spiel.

The only problem with that is these companies are protected by article 230 so in a sense it’s not the same. The are not publishers they are not writing what is being posted. The reason that they were given that protection was for the purpose of not being liable for what someone said on they platform.

Lol again why are you guys fixated on trump get beyond that, because it goes beyond him

I think the issue comes from the fact that other people are seen to have incited violence and or hatred and have not been banned or removed from the platform.

I saw an example of some guy encouraging BLM to riot and the founder/owner of Twitter, (Jack? I think) rewarded him with 3 million dollars, then another Tweet from the Grand Ayatollah saying how Israel is a cancer and that they will one day eradicate them and finally one from our friends in China who are saying that the Uyger camps are actually beneficial to women’s rights!

Either ban anyone who violates those terms or just let anyone say whatever they want and people can either ignore or block them.

3 Likes

As I pointed out media has always worked in this way. I am a complete and utter cynic. I realy dislike big tech but it is what it is. They do something far more objectionable in the area of tax and no one wants to tackle that or if they do they as dismissed as liberal leftist nutjobs. Saying who can and can’t use their platforms just feels like their job to me.

1 Like