General News

The same reason everything else was shut at the peak of lockdown, the risk of transmission. It wouldn’t have worked, school attendance was nationally all over the place just before lockdown. People get symptoms all the time in school. If you have to stay home for a week any time you show signs of a cold you won’t spend much time in school.

Schools shut in March. Why didn’t the government/Union jointly organise exams 3 months later in June…come in sanitise masks if you want socially distance tables do test go home

Whole lockdown was handled so shitely

Ultimately, I’m not in the government so I don’t know. But, I can imagine it was impossible to tell where infection rates were going to be in July before the end of the school year. Keeping kids in a state of limbo as to whether their exams were going to happen would have been no more on than what’s happening now.

My personal opinion is that they should have based the grades on far more individual evidence. Most schools predict their kids results throughout the year for example, not just at the end of the course. That history could have been used for a start.

Yeah i understand. Just feel like that generation of kids has been put in a struggle and let down by all sides.

I know I wouldve been fucked in this scenario, I was predicted c’s and d’s in Gcse’s and A levels. But got A’s and B’s.

1 Like

And they opted to do away with controlled assessments for GCSEs for quite a large portion of subjects a few years back. It’s biting them now. At least there would’ve be some standards across the board that way. Most schools use past papers for mocks, but how they handle predicted grades can differ. And levels of moderation on those mock exam grades can differ greatly. But overall, this is simply the government not trusting teachers. Sadly, the students pay the most for that.

Looks like the government is finally listening - well, looking to save face.

1 Like

“Don’t help a racist” “Let him lye there”.

The guy had it coming, big time! But those words sickened me.

5 Likes

Yeah, that was totally wrong, glad someone put him on his side so he didn’t swallow his tongue and got the emergency lever pulled. He deserved a smack but you don’t want the cunt to die. Even IF you don’t care about what happens to him and only care about what those black guys went through, if that guy dies then the one who clocked him would have his life totally fucked up. No matter which way you view it, it was a good thing someone went to tend on him.

Also really bad whichever person booted him when he was already down. Granted, it was only his arm, so minimal chance of a life threatening injury coming about from it, but the guy was out cold, you just don’t strike someone when they’re out cold.

3 Likes

You summed up my exact thoughts on the matter

Deserved a slap :wave:

Be interesting to know if the private schools where parents are paying £10-30k per term got their grades royally fucked too.

1 Like

These African Americans going after Adele are some of the biggest clowns on the planet.

Probably can’t point to Jamaica on a map but are experts in Jamaican culture. Probably couldn’t point to the UK on a map but are experts in Notting hill carnival.

Likes and retweets activism at it again.

4 Likes

What’s happened??

she wore a Jamican Bikini and did some hairstyle so now she’s a racist.

Cultural appropriation is a joke man, unless its done to take the piss and be insensitive, I dont understand what the issue is, cultures are shared why do we try and separate them now.

Like black girls often have blonde wigs like, are northern Europeans going to REEE at them? Who gives a shit man.

5 Likes

Feel like Americans have form on this.

Seen American blacks talk down to African brothers and sisters for one thing or another.

Not generalising but there have been instances. I do feel bad for them a lot because many Americans have no idea of their culture or place of origin due to slavery but this is not the healthy way of reacting

2 Likes

As someone who does frequent Jamaica I can assure you outfits and accessories embossed in the Jamaican flag is very easily acquirable and is not cultural appropriation in any way, these twitter clowns don’t have any idea what they’re talking about. Jamaicans take great pride their country being represented. If anything there isn’t enough of that.

By the way though, that hairstyle fucking sucks lol. Should’ve done something sexy like twist braids.

3 Likes

I’m with you bro. If anyone wears shalwar kameez or Indian bridal wear, I love it.

Something positive or people laughing and enjoying my culture is great.

I don’t get these gatekeepers. What’s the intention behind it? Not equality - imo it’s narcissism. To look like the most woke.

But then I’m not American and they have unique issues. But I wish they would have enough humbleness to realise that despite their soft power hegemony, not everywhere has the exact same problems as the US and to stop looking at everything through a US culture war prism.

But alas…

12 Likes

Just saw the picture, absolutely pathetic that she’s getting hate for it. Talk about playing the victim card lol at this rate no one will take them seriously.

That said she looked fucking rough in that hairdo lol

2 Likes

I think this is just a case of not knowing your history like you think you do and taking ownership of it leading to self-ownage. If they did their research. They’d known that Jamaica’s motto on their coat of arms (Out of many, one people) refers to the country’s multiracial roots. There are White Jamaicans, Indian Jamaicans, Chinese Jamaicans. Not as close to as many as Black Jamaicans but our diverse history isn’t hidden from us.

6 Likes

She should of stayed fat then it would of been stunning and brave :joy:. This cultural appropriation nonsense is so segregationist. Different cultures can’t part take in other cultures clothing, music, food and etc. might as well bring segregation laws back it’s funny how they can’t see how backwards this is

1 Like