General News

Talking of Wolverhampton…

Typical of that shithole

I think people use “censor” as a blanket term that encompasses a lot of different behaviors. Censoring is typically state sanctioned or carried out by the state.

Society’s morals and norms change over time. If you find yourself outside those morals and norms then is the social pressure censorship? Not in my opinion. No one is preventing you from getting your message out.

And honestly, if you make a living saying and doing things for shock value, you can’t then get all indignant and say “I’M BEING CENSORED!!” when people are shocked by what you say.

1 Like

I found this quite amusing :grin:

4 Likes

I can’t express my disdain for The Fountainhead

Has anyone else always found David Walliams to be creepy? Not just saying this because of some recent twitter stuff, but he’s always given me a predatory vibe without ever giving a properly good reason for me to say that.

I swear I’m fighting him if he tried to violate me like that. Fucking hell, pulling down audience members’ trousers and pants on stage, and nobody was like, “this might be going too far”

3 Likes

Yeah always thought he was creepy a.f.

2 Likes

The lengths people would go, it’s edgy entertainment he is playing a creepy character :man_shrugging:t5:

I think if he’s playing a creepy character with an actor who is in on it and willing to participate that’s one thing but I can pretty much guarantee not one of those young lads went to those shows wanting to be involved in that bit. I could well have laughed at that at the time to be perfectly honest but it’s certainly not comfortable watching now.

2 Likes

Never heard of the guy before, but that’s definitely messed up.

Nobody could ever fault you on the grounds of consistency.

2 Likes

Its a bit alarming this for me. My daughter is a big fan of his books. Hes very popular amongst kids and school as a childrens author. Not a comforting look.

I’m surprised none of those guys took a swing.

1 Like

I’ve always been a fan of David Walliams (especially little britain) but that clip is creepy and disgusting but I don’t think he’s a nonce or on the level of Jimmy Savile

We should really stop digging people’s past.
Humour back then was different, albeit it was weird for 2007 as well.

Why?

I read somebody say this not long ago too and it annoys me to no end. Creepy people like Walliams should be exposed in much the same way we should be exposing people in power who used their power to take advantage of other people. It’s like saying we shouldn’t be worried about guys that were harassing women at work years back because that was old school office culture. It bred a culture of misogyny and inequality that women are still struggling to overcome.

I have more sympathy and understanding when it’s like, “the 1940s were a very different time, we shouldn’t judge Churchill too harshly for his statements about Indians/the Irish, you cant view that through a modern lens”

Then there’s cases like this where you’re like, it was 2007, not some mythical bygone era in which it was socially acceptable to get teenage audience members on stage and pull their trousers and underwear down without any sort of consent lol

1 Like

If we could get something on Keith Lemon that’d be great. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

It’s not even just his past. He is still creepy on Britain’s Got Talent now. Well, in my opinion anyway.

He does this thing where he pretends to be really camp, he says he fancies the guys who audition sometimes and he flirts with them, but because he is straight it’s apparently hilarious. He humps the desk and thrusts his crotch in people’s faces.

I find it quite annoying/disturbing, but then he keeps winning best talent show judge at the TV awards as voted for by the public.

It’s funny though…I know someone who is a very good friend of his, and they say that he is one of the genuinely nicest people you could ever meet…Totally not like the characters, or his screen persona.
A very lovely guy, by all accounts…