General News

First they give us bacon and now this.

Gotta love 'em

3 Likes

Fuckers. Why do you have to be so cool Denmark?

2 Likes

Yeah we’re pretty innovative in that space! It’s awesome.

My new job is actually going to be working with Foreign Direct Investment into Cleantech and Biotech in Denmark.

Really excited to be getting into that space and industry, lots of growth I think.

11 Likes

Evil viking bastards. :hipster:

2 Likes

Really interesting industry that, like many other industries - a lot of dodgy stuff goes on in the black market with regards to that. Carbon credits are a huge profit maker these days and people will do a lot to get them.

On the Copenhagen carbon free milestone, just fucking awesome.

1 Like

Yeah where I work now trades emissions and carbon derivatives etc. and it is nutty and kind of defeats the purpose of having emission targets for companies haha

Pretty interesting stuff

1 Like

14 Likes

What was done to this man by the so called purveyors of democracy shows exactly how shameful and wrong they are

3 Likes

Payout for yoga teacher hit by cyclist as she crossed road… on her phone

Tristan Kirk

Evening Standard18 June 2019

View photos
Payout for yoga teacher hit by cyclist as she crossed road… on her phone
More

A yoga teacher knocked unconscious by a cyclist when she stepped into the road while looking at her phone has won compensation, despite a judge ruling the crash was partly her fault.

Gemma Brushett, 28, was crossing a junction in London Bridge when she was hit by Robert Hazeldean’s bike, knocking her out and leaving her with a minor head injury.

She was staring at her mobile phone as she stepped into the road, Central London county court heard, and did not see the cyclist until the last minute when he sounded an airhorn.

Ms Brushett, who works for a City finance company, “panicked” and tried to retreat to a traffic island but Mr Hazeldean swerved in the same direction and hit her.

View photos

gemmabrushett1806b.jpg

More

Gemma Brushett pictured outside London’s High Court (Champion News)

Judge Shanti Mauger accepted that Mr Hazeldean, a garden designer, is a “calm and reasonable road user” and rejected claims that he had been cycling aggressively or was “reckless” when the crash happened on July 20, 2015.

But she ruled that even though Ms Brushett, from Kent, was using her phone while crossing the road and must accept 50 per cent of the blame, Mr Hazeldean should also pay thousands of pound in compensation.

“Mr Hazeldean fell below the level expected of a reasonably competent cyclist in that he proceeded when the road was not completely clear,” she said.

View photos

More

She ruled that Ms Brushett “must clearly have equal responsibility if she is crossing the road without looking” but added: “Cyclists must be prepared at all times for people to behave in unexpected ways.”

The court heard Mr Hazeldean, who now lives in southern France, was also knocked unconscious and suffered cuts and bruises in the crash at the junction of King William Street and Cannon Street.

Three pedestrians told police Ms Brushett was “not looking where she was going” and that “the cyclist was not at fault”.

The case will return to court at a later date for the amount of compensation to be decided.

From what I read it was a female judge.
I wonder what would have happened if it had been a man on his phone, and not paying attention, and a female cyclist.
This is an outrageous decision.

I wish he was driving a lory

1 Like

LOL was she crossing at a zebra? Cause if not, she is literally breaking the law and causing an accident in consequence, how can a court rule in her favour.

3 Likes

Exactly.
The cyclist was injured as well and she just walked out without looking, on her phone, not paying attention.

I cycle a lot and it happens all the time.
People don’t look because they don’t hear an engine and then I have to swerve to avoid them and they have a go at me when it’s their fault for not looking properly.

2 Likes

I’m confused as to why he has to pay damages? If the blame is 50/50, and both people involved were knocked unconscious.

5 Likes

He should ask for compensation as well to even it out.

1 Like

Okay so I read about it a bit.
The dude started riding towards an empty patch in the road but the road was not really cleared for him to traverse through.
For there to be an accident capable of knocking both parties out or even one party out, he must have been riding quite fast.

That said, this is a minor fucking accident and something a normal person should brush off, have a few swear words and move on.

No way. thousands of pounds worth punishment.

Edit - It seems she is being harrassed as her Instagram is not available anymore. /Stalkreport

That’s BS. Pedestrians are humongous morons I’ve realised, both while on the bike and driving.

These idiots will stop at a crossing at a red light for traffic, then begin to jaywalk as it goes green :facepalm:

Going onto the road on her phone. Cyclists should be prepared for these fucking fools to do anything but she is at fault.

1 Like

I saw a comment on the article which said: good looking woman, female Judge, male cyclist.

Judging by the vague details given to us, she’s 100% at fault for being a dumb cunt.

I struggle to understand what the gender of the judge has to do with anything.

It’s about a possible bias. But without knowing her judicial history, that’s hard to judge.