General News

Media is really guilty of pandering to social issues.
Trying to score browny points from campaigns guised as support for LGBT group.

Pandering how? By simply talking about them?

1 Like

The pandering would be the lack of tollerence to a debate on whether men or women who identify as another gender are indeed the gender they believe they are. The lack of any tollerence for a debate on whether this is in fact a form of mental health problem.

The fact in certain places it is now illegal for you to refer to them by their biological gender is pandering.

The legalisation of transexuals using female toilets and private facilities is seen as pandering and an invasion of privacy by many women.

The fact male sex offenders have wanted to go into womenā€™s prisons because they decide they now identify as female is both pandering and an abuse of any tollerence by predatory opportunists.

Yeah much like Ox did by talking positively about Arsenal, although I am sure he didnā€™t mean one bit what he said.

Widdecombe is a fucking witch. Who cares a fuck what sexuality people are.

What worries me more is dinosaurs like this are running one of the leading political parties of this country.

2 Likes

Have male sex offenders been let into female prisons?

Is there any actual legislation whatsoever around who can use what toilets?

I assume the illegality you refer to is Canada which is a complete outlier in that regard.

And there are plenty of people on both side of this debate that get plenty of air time.

I would say these problems are a result of an identity politics which irrationally thinks that we can overcome classifications of race, gender etc. by seeing everything through the lens of race, gender etc. and indeed by making it the primary lens. Be that as it may, @ImmoralGunner didnā€™t even mention Trans, and said that heterosexuals donā€™t like it when people pander to homosexuals which kind of implies unreasonable expectations coming from homosexuals, and to my mind I canā€™t think of a single one. It kind of sounded borderline homophobic to me, though Iā€™m sure he/she didnā€™t mean it to be.

According to this article yes, but to be balanced it clearly states that more Trans prisoners have had requests to enter female prisons turned down, than been accepted -

1 Like

Why do people even care if trans women gets transferred? Womenā€™s prison is just as horrible as menā€™s. :slight_smile:

Isnā€™t matter of safety not your first analysis for this?
These are biological men imprisoned for crime and of required can nail any woman in that prison

So you think men are pretending to be women, purely to get transferred so they can have sex? :wink:

Haha I didnā€™t even think of that.
I meant violence when I used the word nail

Yes. As is the prison authorities who at all costs want to avoid conflict, assaults etc in those prisons.

People can ask for whatever they want, the circumstances under which such a transfer would happen have to make sense for everyone involved. Most people can see that and sure there will be vocal people either side but the right answer almost always lies in the middle.

In the instance of prisons where you have a clear mechanism for judging each case individually, and where that mechanism is borne out of safety and not politics, then I would agree entirely.

Haha yes, Sadiq ma man!

Just after Gove and Smith admit drug-taking without any recrimination thanks to their privilege.

The double-standard around drugs is a disgrace tbh

6 Likes

India :india:

At least we can secure a good trade deal with Columbia and Venezuela as a consolation

1 Like

Dirty bastards. They ought to try it in the Western world on empowered white or black women.

A swift knee in the balls, then theyā€™ll know.

2 Likes

Nothing new in Kashmir unfortunately :santi:

Im constantly told that minorities in India arenā€™t killed etc - fckn farcical !? India has mad problems !?