General News

Think this is what it comes down to. People would like to believe he didn’t do it.

MJ gets this weird benefit of the doubt from many because of who he is and how much people love him. I can’t think of any other situation in which a grown man behaves this way with kids and shares a bed with them and so many people will stand there and claim that he didn’t do anything sexual with them.

1 Like

Why the fuck did he not stop hanging out with a very specific type of young child so? Honestly it’s clear as day but I’m with you in not wanting to particularly get into a back and forth over it.

I don’t know about if MJ did stuff or not but the actual HBO Documentary was a load of manipulative BS.

I’m very sceptical because I noticed several techniques to dramatise the story. Why should people rely on the producers at HBO to relate the whole truth at all?

Wade Robson and his Mother is certainly full of crap to large extent.

2 Likes

The not guilty verdict is a travesty of justice in itself. Not only did numerous boys describe sexual encounters with MJ but so did a security guard and a maid. They even described a birth mark IIRC on his penis. The defense attempted to make the jury believe they were all uncredible. 3 voted guilty and 9 voted not guilty and one of the not guilty said he thought Jackson did it but the case wasn’t beyond unreasonable doubt. But in essense practically no rape would ever be convicted if it required more evidence than that. The jury like yourself probably didn’t want to believe it.

Saville did have cases that he paid off during his life time too. The evidence against Saville is actually weaker than the evidence against MJ.

If you actually listen to the channel 4 doc I posted you’ll see why the boys/men testified in his favour. They loved MJ and the majority of the relationship with him wasn’t sexual. They were all devastated when he discarded them as they became too old and thus not attractive anymore. I don’t agree with @shamrockgooner that MJ was evil. I think he genuinely loved these boys but had an unhealthy inappropriate fixation on them. Saville was a sociopath, where as MJ was not imo

This is victim blaming. The boys actually had wedding rings that MJ had given them and a collection of jewellery that MJ gave them for sexual acts.

Victim blaming would be attributing the abuse to the actions or uncontrollable factors to the victim.

Questioning the authenticity and accuracy of the contributors to a documentary is just healthy objectivity

1 Like

What part are you questioning exactly with your healthy objectivity? Why are these witnesses ‘full of crap’ exactly? For me there’s far too many layers to the story and believable witnesses for it not to be real.

1 Like

Poor from Cardiff, very poor

5 Likes

Unless there is some weird clause in how contracts how signed I really don’t see how they can come to that conclusion :thinking:

I think they should sue Sala

1 Like

Was obvious from the very start that Cardiff were trying to weasle their way out of payment, despite what they said.

Now I hate Vicent Tan again

I guess from their point of view, they ordered something and it wasn’t delivered :woman_shrugging:

It’s a shame they’re behaving like that though. As a caller on 606 pointed out, Sala was excited to play for them – how many players would be excited at the prospect of playing for/living in Cardiff?! But he wanted to play for them, so they should honour his memory, pay up and let him rest in peace.

1 Like

What’s wrong with Cardiff haha

I don’t fancy their chances though. If he was officially a Cardiff player then surely they’d lose at any tribunal.

They’re just a bit of an unfashionable club. They certainly wouldn’t be many players’ first choice – even out of clubs of that level, perhaps only Huddersfield would be below them.

1 Like

Fair enough haha. Cardiff seems to me a decent place to live tho. With it being a city and the capital etc

Depends where you live, the Ely estate in Cardiff was named one of the worst in Europe. That area is an utter dump. But yeah, a footballer would obviously live in a nice area. Still a boring club though, lol.

1 Like

Sala isn’t a fucking Amazon purchase, the seller isn’t responsible for delivery