Gabriel Martinelli (11)

It’s really hard not to love this guy. His attitude towards the game is what you want every player in the team to have.

He’s still going to frustrate the shit out of us on the odd occassion because he’s young and still establishing himself, but I think it’s gonna be a great journey to watch him grow into a beast.

7 Likes

Klopp randomly: “Wow, have you seen Martinelli against Leicester? Wow, what a player Arsenal have huh?”
Reporter: “Is Martinelli a player that interests you Jurgen?”
Klopp: “I never said that. You know very well, I don’t like talking about players from other teams.”

5 Likes

Super start to the season for him which is fantastic to see. His work rate off the ball is always impressive so if he adds goals to his game consistently he’s gonna be a problem for teams.

I still hope we’re signing another winger also though.

5 Likes

Agree, this is Arsenal and Martinelli needs competition. I just love having two legitimate goal threats in our forwards line. It’s hard to imagine a game where nothings comes out of Jesus or Martinelli in terms of goals and assists.

Last season ESR and Saka produced but somehow I never felt confident that a Laca, ESR and Saka front three posed enough danger.

You can’t rest for a second with the Brazilian boys running you down in defence. When Saka and Odegaard find form, this is going to be an exciting time.

2 Likes

He was such a pleasure to watch yesterday. Non stop bombing their flank.

Leicester didn’t know what what was going on

5 Likes

Yeah it feels like a long time since we’ve had a winger so eager to always take a man on and attack the defence.

Very refreshing to see

4 Likes

Sanchez and Gervinho the two that stick out, varying degrees of success of course :sweat_smile:

Pepe looked to be that player when he first came but he caught passitbackinsideitis after a couple of months.

3 Likes

Yeah and that was like 4 years ago lol

Martinelli is already miles ahead of whatever Gervinho ever was for us.

Correct about Pepe. Feels like Arteta is giving Martinelli more freedom to express himself.

It just shows that Arteta is willing to work with that kind of players but Pepe either lacks the tactical nous or willingness that Martinelli has

2 goals in 2 apps. First a poachers finish inside the penalty area, the second a goal out of nothing really. Scored at a brilliant time to kill Leicester’s momentum off as well.

He’s got that LW position on lock.

2 Likes

I have a feeling he will score more than Saka this season

5 Likes

Course he will.

Cos he’s better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s a massive season for Martinelli and he’s started it very well.

Honestly with how hard he works, he will always at least be a crucial squad player who’s drive can make a real difference in tough moments.

8 Likes

We’re not predicted to finish in the top four by most pundits or fans basically because Martinelli / Saka are still deemed to be “prospects” rather than guys who can deliver now. On paper they have loads to prove in comparison to the teams who qualified for the CL last season.

But Martinelli is beginning to provide vital output. Not just that, but his performances are vibrant and game changing.

He should be aiming for a minimum of 10 league goals this season. Obviously he’s started well but let’s see where he ends up.

His development and the arrival of Jesus have together given our attack another gear.

Let’s get that fear factor back. Haven’t had fear factor in any meaningful way since the days of prime Sanchez / Ozil. And before that, it was RvP inspiring fear on his own.

These 2 plus Saka have the potential to restore some fucking respect on this club’s name. It feels so good to be an Arsenal fan again, and I’ll be enjoying the living fuck out of it whilst it lasts!

8 Likes

Rewatching the Leicester highlights.

Martinelli’s goal is a joy to watch. beautiful strike.

2 Likes

I am not letting this topic drop down. He’s been roasting full backs this season.

5 Likes

Def has his chef’s apron on this season. I really hope this is an exponential growth season for him.

1 Like

Yeah he has been super impressive in the first 3 games so far, plays with unreal intensity and looks like he can get on the scoresheet at any time at the moment also.

1 Like