Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Prem, if he’s starting.

Love this geezer.

#he came from Sao Paolo
To play for Ars-e-nal!#

4 Likes

I didn’t doubt his potential personally. You don’t get Klopp praising you on multiple occasions like he did without having something.

The lad is too much of a workaholic. If injuries allow it he will become one of the best forwards in the world.
We do neednto support him better though.

1 Like

Love this guy

Glad he got his goal

2 Likes

Just wanna point out that this ultimately could mean nothing.

Mourinho was a big fan of Bentdner while he was at Arsenal and that guy turned out to be whack.

1 Like

@Stroller my boys is doing alright man

2 Likes

Nicklas had potential too. Not sure ne ever took it seriously though and he had a big ego as well.

I want 25 G/A minimum from him & Saka combined. 25 G/A from Jesus (ideally).

Was he? This is new information.

Yeah, I’m almost certain that’s what forced Wenger into sticking with him so long. Thinking he’d become a world beater at another club.

Bentdner was annoying as fuck, man.

I think the commentator mentioned that Jesus has brought in another level of work ethic and it’s rubbing off among those around him.

Gabi certainly seems to be one of the beneficiaries of this, the guy was ripping Fofana apart, dropping deep nicking balls back, linking well, creating and capped it off with a deserved goal. Exactly the kind of performance you want to see more of from him. His work rate is insane - as is the team in general - but Gabi, Øde, Jesus and Saka have some wolf pack mentality to close things down up front. It’s generally lovely to watch :arteta2:

6 Likes

Hope someone went to Klopp’s house and cut the power. He’ll be trying to sign him soon.

I can see that. An advantage of a younger team surrounding him perhaps. Never happened with Sanchez because all the players around him were who they were and not still being moulded.

3 Likes

You guys can’t resist adding a random “u” in words. I love it.

2 Likes

Not our fault you can’t spell “mum” properly.

Love that he got this goal, he tracked back and won the ball back and the finish was sublime :blush:

Imagine he goes the way of Vini Jr, everything looks world class all the way but can’t score to save his life and then after 3 seasons suddenly boom, 17 league goals, that would be lovely :heart_eyes: 2 for 2 now.

2 Likes

He does take corners superbly, we some how score from his corners.

5 Likes

He’s deservedly been criticised for his end product last season regardless of if you think he deserved it or not you’re judged by the standards of the team and league. He’s playing in the biggest league for one of its traditional big clubs so it’s natural he’s under the spot light. Age isn’t relevant when you’re getting so much game time.

It would be an absolute dream to see him have a break out season in terms of production. You can’t fault his work ethic and some of the stuff he does on the ball is genuinely lovely to watch. I really do hope he smashes it and gets 15-20 goal contributions in the league.

But let’s not act like dans were wrong to criticise his production last season. A lot broke down when it went through him

4 Likes

Pretty positive he received the same criticism from Arteta and his staff as well last season, so did Saka and ESR the season before.
We even saw Laca get the same criticism in the doc.

At the end of the day you win games by scoring more goals than you opponent.

1 Like

klopp to start talking about him again in 3…2…1

1 Like