Gabriel Martinelli (11)

True, but it’s also the case that we know our players best. We know their flaws and know which things annoy us about them.

Martinelli has a bright future though. Definitely glad he is at Arsenal and not elsewhere.

2 Likes

Do we?
Pretty sure many thought Martinelli was done back in November.

3 Likes

You are very valid.

The fact this kid tormented two of the best left backs in the league says a lot, if he can add goals and more consistency he would be a would be better.

2 Likes

the very fact that klopp is sniffing around him and keeps on making comments tells me that this kids has something special he just needs patience and hopefully in time he will unlock it. Klopp is no mug and i am sure he sees this and he feels that if he can turn his head that he will have a beast of a player and is banking on the club not seeing what he sees.

I’m thinking Diaz is cushioning the blow somehow.

He still has to replace Salah as well. Think about it he bought Jota and Diaz 1 striker one winger so a third is needed.

It wont be Martinelli for Salah. Come on be serious.

3 Likes

I wasn’t saying that :man_facepalming:t5: More so the fact he is looking for talent, plus remember Salah had a stop start career before his rise at Liverpool.

Edit: what was Salah doing at 20?

Because we won’t sell him or because they won’t be interested?

Klopp loves those ‘dog with a bone’ attackers

2 Likes

Feel like Martinelli is more dog chasing a car at this point

1 Like

Well that’s how it read. You said he needs a replacement for Salah.
Yeah he could throw him in his pack but I doubt he would.

He is very, very good.

1 Like

Which two left backs out of interest?

1 Like

TAA, and celso (or whatever the spelling)

Right backs then. I don’t really rate either as defensively anything special. Quite week in TAA case but obviously he makes up for that going forward.
But okay he asked a few questions without much end product.
Biggest question for me is what’s his actual position long term here.

That’s what I want to know also :arteta2:

At Arsenal, under Arteta? Probs Inside forward LW

He has the right profile for CF, imo but it’s clear he isn’t training there at all

1 Like

I actually don’t think he’s an Arteta type of player long term.