Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Stop playing Willian every game you numbnut if everything is alright with Martinelli.

3 Likes

Oh dear oh dear the radicalist Martinelli fanatics Are going on a full blown meltdown.

2 Likes

I love Martinelli, but he doesnā€™t get a start for me at the moment. People will say he should play instead of Willian but truth is Willian is the superior player right now, heā€™s more intelligent and has much better ball retention - whereas Martinelli can be a bit more careless.

Iā€™d like to see Martinelli come on for cameos up front instead of Laca. He might not be able to bring midfielders into play as well, but I think he provides a better goal threat.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a bit longer video of his finishing session

2 Likes

Play him instead of Lacazette please.

2 Likes

Hope he makes the squad at least tomorrow.

11 Likes

I was reading up on it. Feels like guesswork from Chris.
Martinelli has always been an inside forward when Arteta used him. Only natural for him to practice his finishing.

Absolutely deserves more game time.

Hasnā€™t played in months, comes on and looks like an absolute baller with tenacity and skill, sets up Auba etc.

Ridiculous that he hasnā€™t been getting game time.

2 Likes

Looked very fresh

1 Like

Indeed, looked x10 sharper than Auba.
Granted, their players were probably tired but still.
Hope we see more of him in the PL.

We need his Brazilian grit in the 11

Arteta should start giving Martinelli consistent 20 minute cameos. The energy he provides from the bench will lead goals.

2 Likes

Looked sharp but I just didnā€™t see the skill. He knocked it and ran a couple of times. Nice assist for Auba though. I want him up front.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ltarsenal/status/1377394405137547264?s=21

Did he delete the tweet because it was bullshit?
Edit: Fucking hell, itā€™s April Foolā€™s Day.

1 Like

Itā€™s still March 31st here.

3 Likes

Pure BS, no way Arsenal is selling Martinelli.

1 Like

How much would we get?