Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Levels above Eddie in every aspect of performance

6 Likes

Not a high bar. Love Eddie but he’s just too limited.

i soooooooooo badly want eddie to make way for balogun with balogun straight away you just feel a difference in presence and each time he gets the ball it feels like he could score but eddie you just feel he needs multiple attempts and his most useful asset is poaching but even with that he misses too much, balogun can poach as well.

5 Likes

Baloguuun is a baller. Nketiah is just a poacher.

2 Likes

He plays a bit like Son in the left forward position with his very direct approach. Dangerous on the break and seems to find himself in good goal scoring opportunities.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned it in another thread but he reminds me of Chicharito when he broke through in the PL.
Always very active and looking to make runs forward. He has insane luck going for him or he might be a genius, I’ve no idea with this kid.
He never looks up or around him when he’s going for a ball but he still finds his target.
He did fuck a couple of simple passes today which got me worried but I definitely want him get a proper run in the side and see how it goes.

Intrigued and interested.

3 Likes

So true.

5 Likes

I always used to say, when Rooney at Utd was the reason they always beat us, that cunt used to run around like a duracell bunny all game and never let us establish our game, Martinelli did the same to that Chelsea team, they never found their rhythm.

3 Likes

Absolutely no chance this dude fails without an injury.
Just recalled we are Arsenal.

1 Like

That’s how I feel about Saka right now. We have a bunch of overpaid celebrity footballers slacking forcing us to over rely on our youth players. It’s good they’re getting minutes but these older bums need to contribute lest one of our star youngsters picks up an injury.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right :joy::joy:

1 Like

We would be lucky if they only had Rooney…
Ffs Rooney and Tevez… Two Gattuso’s up front… And Ronaldo also had brilliant work rate at that time, although he didn’t track back that much.

Oh yeah I forgot Park too. No wonder they could play semi retired Scholes or Giggs in the middle and still be rock solid.

3 Likes

What your describing here is the weakness in Wenger’s inability to move with the times.

2 Likes

Is it really? I feel like Ferguson always remained true to his core principles and that is why he succeeded. Trying to be more modern is what basically killed Wenger for us :grimacing:.

They also had proper depth during that run. Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Hargreaves…

1 Like

Given everyone a lift this lad. Looked promising before injury but really need too see him score a few goals really.
Im not sure how many he has in him. Needs a few to solidify the argument he’s going to be the real deal.

2 Likes

True.
But also in addition, an important fact…
Sir Alex Ferguson is the best manager, I know, and by a mile, without any competition, in using the depth/width of the squad.

No other manager was able to keep certain players on the bench, fit, for a big part of the season… and then somewhere in the middle, or in the second part of the season, when he calls them - they don’t just perform - they perform on the highest possible level.

It’s absolutely incredible he always managed to keep such a broad number players so motivated to perform, but also he knew exactly what to ask of them tactically and use them in the best way.

2 Likes

I thought he had plenty of goals in him before the injury… atm his legs seem a bit heavier than before, and in general he seems a bit rusty. I hope it’s only temporary, Gnabry was also similar in that respect after his injury here and it took him a while to get to a proper physical and technical level.

1 Like

Im not being picky here and like the lad a lot bit there sems to be a bit of a myth he scores regularly.
He has 3 in matter of fact. Again im not against the lad and he’s not necessarily going to be a striker but I’d like too see a few goals out of him.

He’s only 19 and just come off the back of a lengthy rehab.

He’s already shown he has goals in him. It’s gonna be a while till he’s back in top form again.