Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Gabriel’s long legs > Mertesacker’s long legs

We have sorted one of the center back position for next 8 years.

1 Like

I love him already.

4 Likes

What a Colossus. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Worth every penny, was everywhere with so many key tackles.

Just looks a cut above our other CB’s, hopefully Saliba gets the same trust because they could become a world class partnership.

14 Likes

Awesome player along with Partey that spine and Elneny smashed it

2 Likes

Think he’s actually my favourite player in this squad already :joy:

2 Likes

Looks absolutely immense and only 22 years of age!!

Yes please. He could potentially be World Class and that will be the first time in over a decade we’ve had one of those.

5 Likes

Completely forgot he’s 22 yo, Arteta has to pair him up with Saliba in some games, we’re on to something here.

5 Likes

I think he will, Arteta actually said he regrets not putting him in with the team list…i think he probably thought with all the stuff he had going on in his life that he would need time. I think he was probably wanting to give him time with the death he had in his family.

We might finally have a proper replacement for big Sol after fucking 15 years.

Love the guy. I seriously hope this is not just some early enthusiasm inspired perfomance from him and he can continue like this, and grow, for many many years.

And imagine Saliba going the same way. :bergkamp2:

1 Like

While Upamecano ate 5 vs these same guys midweek :ozil:

2 Likes

13 Likes

What a performance

My new 100m player :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Sorry Guen)

5 Likes
6 Likes

I was 100% certain Mike Dean was going to run towards Gabriel whilst picking the yellow card out of his pocket. Have his decisive moment.

Thank fuck we rode our luck at that moment.

2 Likes

This guy is a really good young defender, I remember someone having concerns on here when we signed him ? I can’t remember who it was, only early days but looks super impressive.

Fuck I must say it was shitting myself about a 2nd yellow for the foul on Greenwood though.

1 Like

This guy genuinely looks like the real deal.

God I hope its not just a nice little purple patch after signing for a new club, and me as an Arsenal fan being desperate for a defender we can settle down with, because I think I’m falling in love after just a few dates :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I think it’s just nice to have a defender who looks comfortable being a defender.

He’ll make mistakes, sure, but he’s strong, powerful and can pass.

2 Likes

He’s a massive presence at the back and takes charge of defensive situations in such a commanding way. Really inspires calmness in the way we defend. Even in the losses against City, Liverpool and Leicester he stood out and was so solid in the work he did.

We’ve missed a player who dominates and is super (but intelligently) aggressive. What a terrific, terrific purchase he is already looking like. 22 years old as well!

With Partey and Gabriel we have a strong, physically dominant spine emerging - we haven’t had that in such a long time, probably since the Highbury days.

9 Likes