Fulham Vs Arsenal (PL)

Certainly more exciting than being an Arsenal fan has been for a while :blush:

Regretting my earlier pessimism this season

1 Like

Probably the most enjoyable performance since the cup win against Chelsea.

14 Likes

Great to see our strikers both get a brace, some really clinical finishing on display

Really happy with that performance, convincing one.

Pleased with how Emery is getting the most out of our strikeforce, really saw the effects of squad depth here, Lacazette came off but Aubameyang was still fresh.

Another away win for the boss :unai: win streak continues, above Spurs now.

2 Likes

And the title :hipster:

Canā€™t wait to see Shearer with a sour face on MOTD saying how shit Fulham were.

Edit: Oh yeah its sunday, no Shearer. Been up all night watching UFC and F1 this morning. :sweat_smile:

The football was beautiful. The performance of players no one rates was class. Emery on the charge!

1 Like

We had nine shots and Fulham had twenty one.
Basically we have competent strikers and they donā€™t.

That was an enjoyable 2nd half to watch, yeah they had a lot of shots but I donā€™t think they shots tell the full story, lots of distance whilst we waltzed through with ease.

2 Likes

I need a few hours sleep before work, Iā€™m going to work happy in the top 4 at the international break wowsers.

Thoroughly enjoyable game and not totally bizarre for once. A little disappointed at how sloppy we still are in possession, but things do seem to be improving. Fantastic offensive display, especially late. Fulham arenā€™t a good side, but we crushed them and got above Spurs in the process. Beautiful.

MAN OF THE MATCH? :point_right: Man of the Match Thread

VOTE!

Fantastic performance from the side, Monreal mistake beside I canā€™t complain about how we played. Lacazette MOTM for me, works his heart out and scored two great goals. Auba comes on and scores too. Both have 11 goals between them, they are lethal. Torreira has the makings of Kante Mark II, heā€™s a workhorse and we look better when heā€™s in the side. Xhaka looks a better player when heā€™s beside Torreira. Iwobi was excellent once again, Fulham couldnā€™t handle him. He really looks like a new player. Bellerin is another who looks like Emery has turned around. Welbeck had a good game too.

Mustafi and Holding were excellent at the Back. Miki had one of his better games in an Arsenal shirt.Lenoā€™s distribution is a massive upgrade on Cechā€™s. Ramseyā€™s goal was one of the best Iā€™ve seen from a Arsenal team in years. By far our best performance, this team under Emery will cause a lot of teams problems.

Weā€™re two or three players away from a team that will compete with the City, Chelseaā€™s and Liverpoolā€™s.

1 Like

My favourite game of the season so far. We destroyed them. What a performance!! Auba and Laca will score 20+ goals each easily. Such a contrast in feeling from last season. Love it!!!

4 Likes

Although this whole 9 game run has obviously been enjoyable, the last couple of league games have had a sense of a corner being turned. Defensive concerns remain, but I also think there is improvement going on in that area. I think Lenoā€™s arrival in the team actually has had quite a stabilising influence, which I didnā€™t expect.

Itā€™s been such a long time since weā€™ve seen Arsenal play with a bit of confidence but thereā€™s no doubt thatā€™s what weā€™re now seeing. A positive side effect of our inability to keep a clean sheet, if you want to find one is that the team looks far more resilient to setbacks, thereā€™s a confidence we can play our way out of trouble if we find ourselves in it. Under Arsene, confidence was a tricky commodity and it disappeared quickly, hopeful Emery can build a team with a less brittle mentality.

Itā€™s getting harder for pundits to dismiss us and we are playing some good stuff. I really thought top 4 was a pipe dream for us this season, but I think I was wrong there. Nice to have just the slightest stake in what happens between City and Liverpool this evening too. If we keep winning and thereā€™s a slip of from them, we could find ourselves in very interesting waters.

8 Likes

Gutted to have missed this game today, seems like it was an absolute corker of a performance from us! It feels really nice to have some positivity and enjoyment regarding Arsenal again, and it really shows in the performances and efforts from the team now.

Laca has really found his mojo in the last few months, I hope this partnership with him and Auba can last few many seasons to come.

9 wins in all competitions from 9, and amazingly we end the weekend now just 2 points off the top! Itā€™s all coming together ever so nicely :grin:

Havenā€™t jizzed like that over a move for that 3rd goal in quite some time. Plus Wenger tearz.

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t remember what this feeling was like of going away from home and controlling a match like that before going on to win so emphatically. It had been so long. This must be our best away performance in the league for at least 3 seasons, what a joy it was in the end.

We finally got a great performance where you could really see it all come together how Emery wants.

1 Like

save some sauce for May when whe lift the prem !

Heā€™s turned up this Sunday!