Fulham vs Arsenal (PL) 2-1

I’ll give you the Saka one but not the others.

VAR didn’t fuck up IMO. Not having the right camera angles/the tech to determine if the ball cross the touchline is not a VAR problem. It’s just unfortunate that it’s happened to us twice.

Jesus missing easy chances is not new or unusual neither is Zinny making mistakes.

1 Like

I should say refereeing.

Not that I believe the ball put out of bounds, I also believe there should be a pen on one missed tackle on Jesus.

The refereeing of the whole season is a joke.
Saka and Jesus got bullied every single game and rarely see a card or a whistle.

Remember Jorginho and Eddie got elbowed on the head intentionally and no red?

I meant Fulham may have a chance, if all these shit happed, all happen.

1 Like

I need this game over and done with and it needs to be a win so I can move on.

Cos right now I can’t give a shit as I’m not over the last.

Willian winner.

I hope they set up like that. West Ham and Moyes should be glad with the win but that was a freak accident.

It was the perfect night for them.
Us somehow not scoring a singe goal despite all our chances, them escaping conceding a pen for two dodgy situations, somehow a fuck up in our defence and ball seemingly out leading to their goal, and then you add Dino’s 1 in a million header(that shit hit the woodwork twice).

9/10 they get pummeled after that performance.

Need some attacking fluency developed or there will be talk of crisis.

1 Like

There already is on OA…

1 Like

Can’t wait for this match. Feeling like shit after that 0-2 defeat.

Gotta put things right asap.

1 Like

Then you will feel double shit if we drop points. New years ruined and that

That’s just not an option

Champagne will be saved for next year if we drop points

I believe the ball was out, but given the angles I also agree you can’t really say VAR fucked up in that instance. ( they just don’t have good enough footage )

It’s just unfortunate for us, as if I had a gun to my head and was asked was that ball in or out, I’d be answering out.

why dont they just damn well use hawkeye across the whole line instead of just the friggin goalmouth. Dont give me that crap of ‘they dont have the technology’ you have the friggin technology to see if the ball is over the line for a goal, get it done you brainless morons.

4 Likes

Hope the guys feel the same way. Clearly they forgot about the match on Thursday since six or seven of them didn’t even show up.

Obviously we need the points right now. I don’t even care about the performance. The issues with the team aren’t getting fixed with an internal solution imo. If they’re planning on running it back second half of the season with the same squad and hoping everyone rounds into form, I think it’s really naive.

Who do you think is attainable in January that’ll be a top end difference maker to get us over hump in the league or win the CL ?

He has done a few matches in the Prem. But he recently spent a month back in the Championship after making a bad decision in the Luton v Wolves game. Apparently Luton’s penalty wasn’t overturned by VAR because he didn’t want to knock the new guy’s confidence.

So yeah, good times to look forward to with Josh Smith.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know. I think the club are in a real difficult spot and I don’t envy Edu or Arteta.

It’s easy to toss out complete fantasy names like Oshimen (who wouldn’t have been attainable in January even before he signed a new deal) or somewhat underwhelming names when it comes to price or pedigree like Toney or Solanke even if I think they both make the attack better.

I’m not a scout but as much of a cop out as that is, it’s still so clear we need additions up front whether it’s a wide forward or a genuine striker.

It’s not as easy position, but I’d rather wait it out until the summer if it means getting a superior player.

I broadly agree but my concern is that we have a small window of opportunity. We have to win something in the next two or three season before key pieces in this team start looking around.

And I really do think if we don’t address the attack in January there’s a real danger of things just grinding to a halt.

We’ve made excuses all season for why the attack didn’t look great (injuries, low blocks, a deliberate decision to be more defensively sound, an attempt to conserve energy for a long season) but I don’t even think these “amazing” shot numbers reflect great opportunities. (I’m not a huge xG believer so it’s convenient for me to say that)

And I think there are multiple ways to change things up. Don’t wanna spend 110m on Toney? Look for a wide forward or even a left eight so we could push Havertz into the nine and Jesus wide.

Matchday!

2 Likes