Fuck Outs

Need to shift 3 CBs. At the moment I’m feeling Sokratis, Mustafi and Holding are the ones who should go. Mari too if he turns out to be shite.

Saliba, Luiz, Chambers + new CB would give us a fresh(ish) feel.

1 Like

100 % on board with this thinking.

Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac, Maitland-Niles, Xhaka, Mavropanos, Elneny, Mkhitaryan + Mari / Cedric (if they don’t perform well)

Only the good Lord knows how this guy ever got a move to Arsenal lol

2 Likes

Perhaps because AMN is done here.

Weird ass signing though especially with the injury.

It’s like Kim Kallstrom all over again but worse

Martinez - time for a new backup goalkeeper
Sokratis - cash in while we still have the chance
Holding - like him but injuries have been a huge setback
Kolasinac - too injury prone, combined with other LB options. Could get a respectable fee for him.
Elnenny - no longer needed
Ozil - past his best and club could probably do with getting his wage off the books a year early.
Mkhitaryan - see Sokratis
Lacazette - he’s angling for a move and I think it would suit both parties to move on this summer.

That lot would/should bring in roughly £80-90m, not to mention the amount of money in wages off the books.

1 Like

The Emirates girls on the pitch. Fucking ridiculous site and shit uniform.

My theory is short term replacement for Bellerin whilst we look for a long term full back.

Shit move though 'cause he’s injured until the mid-end point of this month anyway lol

2 Likes

When I say short term, I mean for a season or two. Not this season alone lol

2 Likes

Apart from Martinez, I agree with those players and possibly Mustafi and Xhaka or Torreira as well.
The wages saved would be more than 1m a week and around 100m in transfer fees but it’s not going to happen because it would be too much upheaval in one window.
It would also mean we have to get top quality replacements for Lacazette and Ozil which will be a large part of the budget and that’s before we start thinking about our defence which needs a complete overhaul.
Our CB options are embarrassing for a club of our size and we lack top quality in every defensive position.

I know we say all this before almost every transfer window but the problems are still there and if anything, they get worse.

The board simply have to back Arteta and, if they don’t, we will be a fixture in mid table.

If you believe the galaxy brains on Twitter he only got a move here as some sort of money laundering/handshake agreement with his agent. I don’t know that Arsenal are smart enough to pull something like that.

1 Like

I wonder if Cedrics agent is also Demirals agent :thinking::thinking:

4D UNDERWATER BACKGAMMON CHESS

4 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot Mustafi meaning he slipped by my list, but yes I’d definitely add him as well.

1 Like

I often enjoy your urbane witterings Cristo, I regularly laugh along and feel comfortable in being part of the ‘in crowd’, reaffirming that I’m somehow still relevant among the 90s born kids that dominate this forum.

However, I don’t know what this means :unamused:

3 Likes

I believe this would probably be the origin of the kind of thing Cristo was doing.

1 Like

It’s a joke on playing “mind games” and being ahead of the crowd.

It started out with things like “We’re all living like it’s 2019, but Jeff over here is living in 3019” because he planned ahead or made a good bet etc.

Then it became like “we’re all playing backgammon while Mourinho is playing chess”

And then chess became 3D chess which then became 4D chess (to really signify someone was playing some genius level mind games and leaving everyone behind) and then the meme just became more and more absurd to the point where you say someone is just doing something absurd and impossible that doesn’t exist, like 4th dimension backgammon while underwater (3D backgammon being the normal, basic version of backgammon that exists on our plane and realm of existence).

2 Likes

And here I thought I was part of the in crowd :pensive:

It’s all about the 80s, Abou :wink:

I watched that film btw. You weren’t wrong about it being gritty!

1 Like