Fuck Outs

Midfield and defense are just tragic, with exception of Tierney… Bellerin is ok I guess… what is so sad is that we think we might actually be missing Xhaka when he is out and that is pretty much just because we have a pile of dross in midfield, combined with 18 months of hopeless lack of direction from Emery…

1 Like

Need to go:
Xhaka
Mustafi
Luiz
AMN
Mhiki
Nelson
Nketiah

Potential, need coaching:
Guendouzi
Torreira
Tierney
Saka
Willock (unsure - could turn out shit)

Untouchable:
Leno
Martinelli
Auba (will be hard to replace his goals)

2 Likes

Can’t imagine Auba sticking with us after this season, bro… he will be sold 100%. We are fast moving into territory where we are fighting to get 7th or 8th place, not 5th or 6th.

1 Like

He’s actually from the Isle of Mann, don’t put that on us!!!

He comes from an island where cats can’t even grow tails.

Does our scouting team do any work at all?

Keep

Leno
Tierney (deserves another season at least to see if he stays fit, worrying he picks up quite a few injuries)
Martinelli
Saka
Willock
Smith Rowe
Guendouzi
Pepe (like to give him another season before I write him off)
Holding
Martinez
Either one of Laca or Auba at least hold onto one for another season if we can.

Sell

Ozil
Xhaka (not good enough, still not pleased he’s playing. Better for both sides he moves on)
Luiz (only here to pick up a easy pay day. I get rid this January if I could)
Sokratis (not good enough)
Chambers (the heart is there but the talent isn’t)
Reiss Nelson ( a bit like Iwobi, solid player but doesn’t have the heart to be better imo)
Maitland Niles (be a solid lower tier PL or Top Tier Championship player)
Sead Kolasinac (not good enough, we’d get decent cash for him)
Konstantinos Mavropanos (lad’s not good enough sadly, will do a job in mid tier league in Europe)
Hector Bellerin (if the right bid came in for him, I’d take it. Don’t think he ever get back to that first season for us)
Mustafi

One’s in black I’d want gone as soon as possible. Get decent money for them and we can invest in proper players.

I’d happily get rid of ESR, Willock and Holding also.

Nah not for me, those lads have a bright future here.

Agree to disagree, they’ll have futures here if we’re happy to continue to languish midtable to bottom part of the premier league, otherwise not good enough.

1 Like

Leno
Bellerin
Tierney
Guen
Pépé
Saka
Aubameyang
Martinelli

That’s about all I care to keep and if the right offer came in for Aubameyang I think we should probably sell.

I also have concerns over Tierney and Bellerin’s durability and to what level Bellerin will find his form again.

I have concerns about Guen’s ability to learn positional play and defensive side.

I have concerns over Pépé but it’s still early days, so giving him the benefit of the doubt. Seems to really struggle with the final ball and when to play it.

It’s not pretty is it ?

I’d keep a few more then you would. I’d happily cash in on Bellerin at this point, far injury prone and just don’t think he reach the heights he did of his debut season. If a good offer came in I’d happily take it.

1 Like

From the current squad, the only players that would come anywhere near the best Arsenal teams under Wenger would be Leno, Auba and Martinelli.

As for the rest, I would keep Pepe, Torriera and Guendouzi in the squad too but not in the starting 11. Will put Tierney in this list too.

As far as the youngsters are concerned, I’ll maybe keep Saka. None of the rest have shown enough quality at this level consistently to think they can make it. Just don’t have the patience with them anymore.

1 Like

Don’t think any of the Academy lads make it.
Quite simply they’ve been educated the Arsenal way and will have weak mentality in their DNA and not have enough character to step up.

2 Likes

Yeah there seems to be a “don’t worry if you lost, you played well” negative reinforcement about these young’uns

2 Likes

Agree on Bellerin. We need a physical beast at RB like Sagna was. Tired of seeing weak arse fullbacks here who can’t defend or do shit.

Is it unfair to evaluate our young players in this shower of shit season?

One hand it it feels like it is unfair, because the coaching is awful, no cohesion etc. But on the other hand… regardless of the shower of shit, someone like Martinelli still manages to shine.

2 Likes

I can’t remember an Arsenal squad in which I’m so detached from basically everyone.

Keep: Auba, Leno, Bellerin, Tierney, Torreira, Guendouzi, Martinelli, Pepe, Luiz, Chambers

Sell: Laca, Xhaka, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac

Undecided: Holding, Saka, Nelson, Willock

1 Like

Similar to mine but you’ve stuck with extras like Torreira, chambers and Luiz and left out Saka.

I suppose my wish of getting rid of all 5 CB’s we have isn’t realistic :joy:.

This is why I need to hit “new” when browsing the forum, I like the look of this thread.

Hopefully I’ll spark a February revival of opinions and a @Trion poll with this bump, now things aren’t quite as bad as they were in December

Players I would gladly fuck out in the summer based on them individually: Martinez or Macey, Sokratis, Holding, BASTARD (@Sol :kissing_heart:), Kolasinac, Mari and Soares (I know both don’t quite count, but they haven’t proven otherwise so I’ll continue to assume they’re pointless), Chambers, Xhaka, Lacazette, Mkhitaryan, Elneny.

Might have forgotten some other wastrels on loan, but I think that’s pretty comprehensive

3 Likes

Get the cashola for Guendouzi while we can as well