Freddie Ljungberg

Legend - welcome back any time

4 Likes

One of the best moment for me was his tweet after the FA cup win. What I needed to see at the time, loved the arrogance

mhm wow what a coincidenceā€¦ :pires2:

anyway, legend, his work here is done, thanks for everything, best of luck in Allsvenskan or w/e lol

3 Likes

Job well done. He did progress things in the immediate aftermath of the Emery disaster and helped steady the ship with Arteta. Can see why he fancies managing himself. Always welcome back.

1 Like

Thanks for everything Freddie.

The only coach we have had that knew what a striker is supposed to be.

Makes sense since he played with some of the best ever for club and country.

1 Like

Highlighted and endorsed that Ozil was a cunt. Out of his depth when he took over, but a move away hopefully does him some good.

2 Likes

This should be really good actually, might take a sub out to read.

Wonā€™t post a lot of it as I know thatā€™s not allowed. He sits on the fence a bit anyway.

Unai is a great coach. I always try to learn as much as I can and in that sense I thought it was amazing. For example, coaches Iā€™ve been with before maybe have one or two ways of playing and they always play that way, whereas with Unai he used a lot of different tactics. I learned a lot of different tactics that I hadnā€™t seen or used in that way of coaching before.

There is a reason you hadnā€™t seen some of Unaiā€™s tactics anywhere before, Freddo.

Another highlight: :laughing:

ā€œHere (at Arsenal), I wanted to take the players to a building site for two days ā€” for them to start working at six, stay until four and see how hard it is in life, just to appreciate things.

ā€œOr if they were late for training, could I maybe get them to help the ground staff a little bit and do some heavy digging? I didnā€™t really get it pushed through but stuff like that is the sort of thing that I would like to add (to the academy system) ā€” for them to understand how privileged we are.ā€

7 Likes

Truly a great father to the Hale end boys :wenger2:

This is why they are good religious boys and donā€™t get up to naughty wrongdoings like others.

That second quotation is cringe.

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. Managing the egos, the entitlement and the work ethic of millionaire footballers is core to management.

3 Likes

For a farmer, all of us with desks jobs need to be on field to manage our egos and work ethics.

Thereā€™s something endearing about Freddie. Gotta wish him well in the future and maybe one day heā€™ll have a shot with us again!

3 Likes

Heā€™s got a point. Could imagine some of our current lot see it as an inconvenience just to have to train, and itā€™s reflected in our performances over the last couple of years. Have to question how many of them have that hunger to want to improve.

4 Likes

I think one of the problems is we are being over coached . Maybe not even this, more about the way itā€™s being expressed.
If itā€™s over emphasized it could be just a bit too serious for our group.
At city with elite players you probably get more ready and advanced in acceptance of this sort of thing.
Itā€™s trying too get the balance between hands on coaching and finding a way not to over complicate and keep it interesting. This is why pre season was important. He canā€™t replicate this enough in season.
Whether we have the patience and belief as a club and fanbase is the big question.
Somehow or other we/he are going too have to short cut this by being braver soon. Next 2 games could buy him some time or lose him support.

2 Likes

Not a fan of over-coaching either.
It may sound rude but footballers in general arenā€™t the smartest lot.
Managers should strive to make football simple for them and not overload them with information that they canā€™t process during the game.
Aubameyang mentioned some months ago that Arteta was asking them for a post-match summary.
It could be a case that just like with Emery our players ā€œbought inā€ for a 2-3 months and have again checked out.

1 Like

Yeah thereā€™s something in that. I think there is a decent football brain in Arteta but he has to find the fine line of getting his message over and not making things dull and too repetitive or boring.
All top managers have to be good communication. Think this maybe his main issue right now.

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Didnā€™t Kevin Davies get sent off for punching Lehmann?

1 Like

Brag about your memory one more time and I will shit post in your & @Aussiegoonerā€™s inbox for a month.

3 Likes