Freddie Ljungberg

What if we pull a Solskjaer except Freddie is actually a world class manager in the making rather than a Cardiff reject

Most importantly, they’re all the type of man that your girl friends tell you “I don’t really like bald men, but for him I’d make an exception” :heart_eyes:

Rumours of Pires coming in too. Let’s get the band back together!

9 Likes

The Boys are back in town

8 Likes

preview shot of training tomorrow

18 Likes

pic

6 Likes

Reminder that Bergkamp is still out of a job 2 years on. :hipster:

1 Like

I don’t give a f*ck if this doesn’t work… doooo eeeeeettttt!!!

3 Likes

One of my favourite photos ever this is.

8 Likes

Indeed, Yoda.

A small insight into how Freddie sets up. I wonder if he’s instructed partly via Edu on how he thinks the team should play?
Will we see us successfully playing out the back as opposed to Emery’s flawed, conservative approach?

He plays the same sort of system that Unai did but hopefully he has a more attack-minded variant of it. Like deploying his winger’s to be offensive rather than being used as auxiliary defenders :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I’d like to see:

Leno, Chambers, Holding, Sokratis, Tierney, Torreira, Willock, Pepe, Ozil, Auba, Laca

As his starting lineup against Norwich. I know Bellerin, Luiz, Ceballos remain injured so this would be the favoured team.

1 Like

We really don’t have the players to be playing out from the back.
It was a flawed mistake by Emery and will be again if we try it now.
Let’s not underestimate how big a job Freddie got on here.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s accurate. It all depends on how you do it for me. If we start off in the first minute trying to play this way and invite pressure the way we did under Emery then I think our players will crack. But if playing out from the back is something we grow into during a game and isn’t a default must play every single time like that then for the most part we can make it work I reckon.

The task facing Freddie is fucking huge though. Definitely agree with that.

4 Likes

This picture was my sig on the old forum for about 2-3 years. Had a filter on it and everything. Bad boys

2 Likes

Guys with balls

I’m hoping Freddie can work miracles with this squad and get them performing

Good luck Freddie

It will be interesting to see if Ozil starts against Norwich.
Also, how far from Norwich Xhaka is during the game.
Hopefully still in London.

Then we find out that Freddie and Granit are best buddies, and he starts him every game :smiley:

1 Like

We haven’t had that much quality in an entire squad for the last 12 years maybe, as is in that picture. Thinking about those good old days brings tears to my eyes. What has happened to my Arsenal? :cry::cry:

1 Like