France Thread

To be fair to Deschamps, that is an impossible task

1 Like

I can see why Laca was left out but the Rami selection is ridiculous, just makes it easier on selecting Varane as a starter I suppose.

Varane hasnā€™t improved since he burst on the scene years ago, Laporte and Sakho are comfortably better defenders IMO.

Youā€™re right though Deschamps is awful, should have been sacked after the Euroā€™s. No idea how he kept his job.

1 Like

Fellaini, Rami, Munir, Chadli, Afellay, Boulahrouz, Bakkali, El Ghazi are just some of the Moroccans off head who play for France, Belgium and Netherlands.

I would love to have had El Ghazi and Bakkali in our World Cup squad. No love for Rami, Munir or the rest of them tbough

I can see why Laca was left out Iā€™m just not a Giroud fan so Iā€™ll take any opportunity to run him down lol

But yeah how Deschamps has lasted this long is beyond me. With the talent at his disposal itā€™s unacceptable he didnā€™t win the Euros in his own home.

Not sure what will happen this tournament but itā€™s important he plays a three in midfield.

Really Iā€™d prefer a midfield of Nzonzi, Kante and Tolisso but you just know Pogba will start. If he plays in a two itā€™ll be suicide for France.

They have a wealth of talent in midfield and forward positions but that defence is shit and I also donā€™t believe they have great keepers. Lloris is on the slide and Areola and Mandanda are just good.

I do rate Tolisso though. Would love to see him given a chance to start

I think the defence is good with regard to personnel but when you have a crappy coach it can go bad fast.

Yeah I really like Tolisso, shame heā€™ll be riding the bench in favour of a so called star player that doesnā€™t put in star performances.

I would come here gloating about the fact Laca didnā€™t make his national teams World Cup squad, but the French manager is very poor so I wonā€™t go into it to much. They are very spoilt for choice however.

How do they feel in Morocco about all these foreign born players playing for Morocco? I think the Amrabat brothers are in the preliminary squad, El Ahmadi, Ziyech, Boussoufa, Mazraoui (youth player from Ajax) and those are just the Dutch-born players.

Iā€™ve never really spoken about it with people back home. I think from a personal perspective and amongst my family - nobody really blames them. If I was an international football player Iā€™d use my British citizenship and play for England before I thought about Morocco so I donā€™t blame most people. I mean itā€™s our first World Cup in 20 years so what does that tell you?

1 Like

Good to know a decent amount of our first team squad isnā€™t going to the WC.

Except for Lacazette we have no French player who should go anyway :sweat_smile:.

It was a general point

Itā€™s quite amazing that Giroud makes it over Laca but I guess they want a big man

Itā€™s not though, Giroud is their top scorer lol

1 Like

Yeah I know his record for France is good, but Iā€™d still find room for Laca in the squad

Giroud is an animal when he plays for France lol, he was never not making it.

How can you hate on Giroud making the France squad when Podolski made Germanyā€™s squad back in 2014 and Muller makes it in nowā€¦

:mustafi:

2 Likes

Giroud is arguably Franceā€™s best striker :joy:

Thing is they have other players of that type in the squad, Giroud can score goals and is a different proposition.

Very talented squad but no Laca? Wenger should become France manager. Germany are probably better all round than France and more used to winning, Iā€™d rather Ozil wins a 2nd World Cup but has back to back world cups ever happened? Having 2 World Cup wins just seems crazy lol, you might aswell retire as youā€™ve completed the sport

1 Like