Formula One

Really crazy that Mercedes pitted bottas first instead of hamilton. Ultimately that was what cost them the race.

2 Likes

Lewis had no tyres left, it was amazing he was able to keep them going for as long as he did.

Almost bailed Mercedes out, their strategy team fumbled this race where they had the faster car.

2 Likes

Surprisingly decent race round France which is usually a borefest. RB getting their strategy spot on with Max delivering once again. First time in the hybrid era that Mercedes have a genuine opponent worthy of taking the crown.
This is shaping up to be a brilliant season.

Shout out to the McLarens as well who looked really racet and cut through the field.

2 Likes

Looks sxc AF.

I can’t wait for next season.

Saw this the other day and my first thought was Indy Car. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is Liberty media trying to Americanise the sport.

Apparently they are going to be 100-150kg heavier than the current cars too.

Verstappen just gave Mercedes a big slap today.

I wonder how long it will be until Mercedes cry to the FIA about the Honda engine now that’s beating them.

Lando Norris continuing to be solid AF, George Russell can’t catch a break

Are Lewis and Max just that good that both their teammates are 20 seconds down the road?

In the post race analysis Toto said they are not developing this years car and will not be brining any upgrades as full focus is on next year. With red bull obviously brining upgrades in recent weeks this season might not end up being as exciting as we all hope.

Have any of you watched Drive to Survive?

I want to give it a watch and get my girlfriend involved should we just start with the first season or are season 2/3 better?

Want to watch the most gripping season to get her excited.

1 Like

I watched drive to survive with my girlfriend it took a couple episodes for her to get into it (and me) but by the end she loves it and is now an actual f1 fan posting stories after qualifying and shit. We’ve watched the last four races live together. Absolute dream scenario.

Start from S1 i say because the show is all about building your relationship with the drivers and team principles.

2 Likes

Start from season 1 for sure.

Just be aware, a lot of it is made up and has no relation to what actually happens in the season.

But it seems to be a great way of attracting new fans.

@Gunnerpr I would think despite Toto saying that, they will bring some parts in if the title is up for grabs.

Even stuff that’s been in the pipeline from months ago

Yeah when you follow f1 closely some of it can be a bit cringe, at one point they tried to make out there was beef between lando and sainz which i laughed at. But for people brand new to f1 it does a good job of dramatising everything.

We’ll have to see how it progresses, I hope for the seasons sake we do seem them bring some upgrades because this season could be a classic. But it dosnt sound like theres anything new coming before the summer break and the worry is if red bull pull a decent gap, there’s little incentive to work on this years car.

1 Like

Yeah lol the lando Sainz episode was exactly what I was thinking of.

Some of the drive to survive memes are hilarious as well, with the fake radios taken out of context for drama.

:joy:

1 Like

The will Buxton silence on racetrack and the vettel German radio always get me :ozil:

Drive to Survice makes up rivalries for entertainment purposes and edits accordingly to make out certain things are said not in chronological order lol.

Other than that its pretty decent

My goodness

Never miss Silverstone

3 Likes

Ffs Lewis

1 Like

Outstanding drive by Lewis today…defo a racing incident IMO, but to come back from that penalty and win the race in that way just shows what a master Lewis is behind the wheel…proud day to be British!

1 Like