Formula One

Cracking race so far…always loved the Canadian track and with the wet weather this is very unpredictable.

George Russell has thrown this race away. Should be in contention for 1st but looks like he’ll finish outside the podium positions

EDIT: Sorry, Lewis :joy: He must be seething.

Verstappen shouldn’t have won this race. Mercedes quickest car. McLaren and Norris was building the lead prior to the first safety car….and yet

1 Like

Great race overall. Feel Verstappen luck’ed out with the Safety Car though.

And…

https://x.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1799962210686669118?t=9TC76hCV3C3Tky3QmEv0jA&s=19

That was a great race.

I’ve said it before but I really enjoy when the races are on the Sunday evening slot

Red Bull’s reaction to the Perez grid penalty:

IMG_4073

Good race, don’t mind too much verstappen winning given the quality of the race.

He definitely lucked out but that can happen, mad how those 50m on the pit exit cost Norris 4-5 seconds having looked like he’d just be in the lead.

1 Like

Anyone watching LeMans?

So close after 24 hrs, crazy races this year

1 Like

It was an excellent race, the extended safety car just meant I could grab a few hours kip without missing anything exciting! Makes F1 look quite pedestrian. I love the sheer chaos of Le Mans, multi class and the volume of cars on track really does keep it ridiculously interesting.

Up there on my bucket list along with the isle of man tt of motorsport events to visit. Supposed to be and excellent weekend. Although the weather the last few years has been awful :grimacing:

1 Like

Blimey…

Meh, probably my least favourite driver on the grid. Missed most of the race just saw the result.

Will watch replay later.

Poor move from Verstappen. He saw Norris taking the outside line and tweaked his car to the left. Unnecessary collision and a bit of a nothing penalty given he extends the gap in the standings to Norris. But it’s not in his nature to yield.

Funnily enough, he probably would have won the race if he let Norris through as the latter got a 5 second time penalty for track limits.

1 Like

Whenever Max feels threatened, he reverts to default which is a massive cunt.

3 Likes

Exactly this…caused the accident to Norris on purpose and got away with it. This is how he raced against Lewis and how he ended up cheating his way to a World Championship.

ferrari badly need newey

1 Like

I really hope he goes to Ferrari. Lewis has a chance of winning his 8th Championship which I’m desperate for him to do.

1 Like

George Russell?

Yes

Haha guy is a legend. Met him in a hotel last year and went to just say hi but he gave me a proper 15 minute conversation where we just spoke about normal life. Top bloke!

3 Likes

Wow…that’s a cracking story…where did you meet him? He does seem a genuinely nice guy tbf.

About a year ago, got treated to some drinks and cocktails at the Stables bar at my birthday in Kensington. My birthday falls a couple days around Xmas so I think he was getting a few days in for the break. Sounds silly but threw me back how well articulate he is, really is a nice guy. Definitely made my day that was for sure!

1 Like