Football Twitter nerd stuff

Excellent analysis of United’s failings in the build up phase versus Southampton.

I can get behind this kind of statistical representation

StatsBombs version of expected threat. On-ball value. They’ve already made a good impression by having a better name for the metric.

Pepe finds himself located in the high-risk low-reward section of the graph in the tweet. Explanation in the screenshots.

wimage

Personally just find too many variables at play on taking these stats on face value material.
I’m guessing alot more goes into this from the clubs though.

2 Likes

Analytics with context makes for much better reading, I actually found that quite interesting

1 Like

Messi still doing something right…oh, and hello Conor Gallagher :wave:

Quite interesting how all the teams stack up. Any guesses which of the dots are our games vs chelsea city and liverpool?

2 Likes

Here is another interesting one. It’s clearly driven to some degree by the poundings against City, Pool, and Chelsea. Still it basically suggests that we are quite good when the match seems within our control but we lose our heads when chasing a game or when things aren’t going our way, which I guess isn’t all that surprising for a young and inexperienced team.

3 Likes

Viz of Ward-Prowse’s free-kick goals in the Premier League vs Beckham’s for his whole career. All of JWP’s free-kick goals come from the left side of the pitch and tend to end up on the left side of the goal. Becks on the other hand had more variety and was more profilic.

2 Likes

That graphic of Beckham free kicks is insane

3 Likes

Yeah our run has been pretty easy but still this is nice to see

3 Likes

Hmm wonder why our forwards don’t score goals :thinking::thinking::woozy_face::woozy_face:

because we have dead food forwards brought in by wenger

Big chances are defined by your striker taking shots on. This is illustrative of our forwards being gun shy more than anything.

Under Wenger: Laca from about 12 to 15 goals to 3?

Under Emery: Auba from 22 league goals to 4?

Lmaoooooo ur smoked out af homeboy :joy::joy::woozy_face::woozy_face:

yeah they are the dregs of the wenger era we need to shift…new strikers with some hunger in them we will be doing better dude

1 Like

Yeah lets bring in Isak from spain. Arteta will take him from his 3 goals scored this season down to 1 lololololol :joy::joy::+1::+1:

Reminds me of the time Wenger wanted Lemar for £80m. Dude really just wanted to meltdown the entire club towards the end.

Typical ego maniac

1 Like

Lemar woulda been a beast here. Too bad we didnt make it happen. Arsene made everyone about 10 times better than they were. Its why Laca and Xhaka are only being exposed by you guys after watching their shit for 5 years and no more Arsene. Otherwise i can pull up reciepts of ppl fighting me about how good Laca and Xhaka were lmaoooooo :joy::joy::joy: but i get it y’all dont have a natural eye for talent like me, u rely more on general sentiment when rating players as opposed to using ur cognitive abilities and forming ur own opinions :skull::skull::skull::sob::sob::sob:

You know you’re probably right Lemar at 80 million couldn’t have possibly been worse than Lacazette at 50. Has to go down as some of the worst business the EPL has ever seen, closely followed by Xhaka and Mustafi for £70 million