Football Twitter nerd stuff

:joy:

One of the drums I’ve been banging for a while now. This isn’t even real football as far as I’m concerned. No team who plays like this will ever seriously challenge for anything of meaning. And it’s 18 months in. This is clearly what his style is.

2 Likes

All in all we finished about where we should according to XG over the whole season, actually I think we may have ranked about 6th ?

It’s still not good enough though, we need massive improvement next season.

1 Like

Aouar showing up well statistically from this season tbh

2 Likes

Are those stats being measured against players in the French league only, or across Europe out of curiosity?

Top 5 leagues

1 Like

Those defensive percentiles. Mesut would be proud.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ozil/Alexis :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Ozil, Alexis and Cazorla: title challenging attacking midfield.

Ozil, Alexis and Cazorla with Giroud in front of them: fourth place trophy.

3 Likes

Shame they had a lump of shit at CF going scoreless from Jan to April costing them a league title.

4 Likes

One for @shamrockgooner

I’ll post a screenshot of the article if it’s interesting

Sancho nowhere near Petr Cech levels then

6 Likes

xP is already used by windows what a gutter

Not enough info (that I can access).

I understand what they’re trying to do with xG I just think it’s bollocks. Pretty much you’re trying to improve your points score by making new signings but this sounds like a by product of a scouting process to me, not a metric you set out to achieve.

2 Likes

xT @shamrockgooner

I’ll post some of the charts if anyone is interested.

If I was to take anything from the charts in the piece, it’s that Hudson-Odoi is a next level talent. Someone just needs to give him game time, but he has all the hallmarks of a talent that would kill it in the Bundesliga.

2 Likes

Stop baiting me please :grin:

5 Likes

Saka was the most dangerous last season while also being quite high-usage as well. Elneny offering very little value

Finally, a stat that’s right about stuff :pires2:

1 Like

Kind of a wonder about a stat where almost all our players are in the “more threatening” part of the chart yet somehow we only scored 55 goals.

Laca seems right though.

Lacazette is shit and offers nothing, pepe loses the ball alot. Our midfield had as much penetration as a pair of tits.

Sounds about right to be fair.

Given the situational position of Elneny on this graph then I think these metrics are going to be a major hit.