Football Twitter nerd stuff

Interesting numbers those. #realstats

just a comparison of a guy like Aouar who seems to be the media darling right now, as should be considering he’s been impressive on a big stage.

Aouar AM radar

CM radar

As a comparison to the best #10 in the world btw

Here’s the hipster pick of the transfer window Buendia with the AM radar

Oh and for funsies Coutinho with a AM radar…

Looking at the coutinho one it really makes me question if we should sign him or not, despite his defense maybe we can continue with a back 5 and he could do some damage with AMN/Tierney on the left. Thoughts??

So what do people make of this new one? :joy:

3 Likes

1 Like

Completely unrelated to football but thought this was interesting in NBA. Shows the improvements in shot optimisation. Whisper it quietly but it looks like they noticed some shots are of higher value than others.

Would love to see some analysis on how football now differs 20 years on.

5 Likes

For the stat lovers

2 Likes

Thiago Alcantara leading the league in terms of xThumbsUp

5 Likes

This is really good

Gasperini
Bielsa
Conceição
Imanol
Nagelsmann
Potter

3 Likes

Messi’s shot map is fascinating. 53% of his shots are outside the penalty area.

I didn’t expect such action on the left of centre. Young Messi was probably a lot more like Mbappe, but with a heavy bias to right of centre. Messi really can score efficiently from anywhere.

2 Likes

Xavi :eyes:

2 Likes

Update:

He’s finally posted the Arteta one:

This really isn’t good enough.

2 Likes

He’s truly a mix between Guardiola and Moyes. Yet worse than both.

A shit Conte, as I thought.

Can someone please facemash these three cunts?

1 Like

This is quite interesting.

2 Likes

Once in a while I go on a stats crawl. Yesterday I was on Fbref looking at the best and worst dribblers in the Premier League.

What is a successful dribble? A successful dribble is when a player with possession of the ball takes it past an opponent.

Going purely by my eyes, the league average for successful dribbles is between 45%-52%. Adama Traore has attempted a league high 209 dribbles with a 75% success rate. Timo Werner has one of the lowest success rates in the league at 38% (30/79). That matches up with the eye test.

A player that also caught my eye was Emile Smith Rowe at 25% (7/28). 15 game sample. One of, if not the worst player when it comes to dribbling. In the Europa League he’s at 60% (12/20) so the sample size might not be doing him any favours. Since April, ESR is at 1/10 in the league. Something to keep an eye on maybe?

1 Like

I like Traore and I’m surprised there are not more rumours of him being linked with bigger clubs.

I just had a look to see how Willock compares to ESR in the dribbling stats and he has 65% which, along with his goal scoring record at Newcastle, is quite impressive.

I’m not saying Willock is a better or more effective player but, considering ESR has a few injury problems, I would say that Willock is easily good enough to be a very good squad player.

Pub crawl has been replaced with a stats crawl during the pandemic :grin:

5 Likes

On the post-boxing day table.

On improved goalscoring

On Arteta being a cunt

8 Likes

@Aussiegooner you sticking with ur boy Arteta or the advanced stats? xG will tell you Arteta is still fucking trash :grin::grin:

Also the table since boxing day thing is not accurate because as has been highlighted here we played bottom of the table clubs twice in that span as opposed to top table clubs we only played once. Arteta isn’t even aids or cancer there are cures for those. I’d say he’s more football ALS than anything.

2 Likes