Football Quiz Questions

No body likes Friends

Lots of people like Friends. And those that don’t are wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have some vague memory, there was something with an indirect free kick, we didn’t do it properly, at least the ref thought so…
Idk, I got good at erasing the memories from the recent seasons so it’s hard to tell now…

If, from a DIRECT free kick, an own goal is scored, without anyone else touchimg the ball, then a corner must be awarded…

Ohh… someone was playing it back to the keeper…
Can’t remember properly. Cech involved?

I was thinking the keeper literally rolled it in. :rofl:

I think I can remember a situation where I felt relieved the keeper didn’t touch the ball or else it would’ve been an own goal, but can’t remember the exact match.

Since nobody got the answer and @JohnnyH had to provide it himself, I’m gonna ask my own…

Ten teams in Serie A history have played in a stadium they either share, or did share with a cross-town rival, who are the teams and if you’re feeling adventurous what are the stadiums?

These are all in my adult lifetime as a clue.

Lazio/Roma
Milan/Inter
Torino/Juventus
Sampdoria/Genoa

That’s the initial ones that jump out

2 Likes

Our oldest goalscorer in premier league?

Lee Dixon?

If it’s not Bergkamp I’ll guess it’s a defender, maybe Adams, Dixon or Keown.

1 Like

Bergkamp, 36 years old vs West Brom?

3 Likes

@Mr_Nostalgia were you using the like for right method here?

1 Like

Correct mate on April 15th, 2006.

Chelsea won their 2nd Prem title that year with their Abromovich money.

King Henry finished top scorer with 27 goals.

A thrilling FA Cup Final ended 3-3 seeing Liverpool equalise with a Gerrard stunner in injury time.
West Ham missed three of their four penalties while Liverpool converted three of four to win the shoot-out 3–1 won on pens.

2006 also saw Google purchase YouTube for $1.65 billion in stock.

Saddam Hussein is charged on May 15th and following the trial is found guilty of crimes against humanity and sentenced to death by hanging.

6 Likes

That last minute Stevie G strike :hushed:

Money Can’t Buy You Love but it can buy you a PL title.
See Chelsea and Man City for details.

An absolute bargain it’s now worth like $160-180b

Who scored his only Arsenal goal in the home defeat to Benfica in 1989/90 European cup tie.

Gonna guess, without Googling, at Smudger?

Edit: sorry, you said his only Arsenal goal. Long shot at Eddie McGoldrick?