Football League

Condolences have to go out to the Fulham fans family who suffered a cardiac arrest and died today.

1 Like

Yeah, managing to salvage a draw with only 9 men is pretty impressive. Still only 1 place above the relegation zone though, but they do have a 7 point advantage over Oldham.

1 Like

What a last minute equaliser from Derby against Birmingham!

Overhead kick

Oh my god what a goal!

Really hope Derby stay up this year, what a story itā€™d be

1 Like

Bielik :clap:

Itā€™s only just occurred to me but you rarely see bicycle kicks/overhead kick goals early in games. They have a way of occurring in late game situations.

1 Like

VAR would have been all over that to disallow :grin:

2 Likes

I guarantee that gets ruled out in the PL with a VAR check

Way offside lol

Tbf Derby had a legitimate handball call missed for a penalty about ten mins earlier.

We talk about things evening themselves out over a season. This happened in the same game :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got the Portsmouth game on in the background.

Why have they got rid of a part of one of the stands and its just concrete now? :sweat_smile:

Stadium redevelopment. Theyā€™ve thrown about Ā£10m at it.

1 Like

Whats going on here then ?

Mitrovic on the score sheet again.

He only needs 2 more goals to break the record for most goals in a Championship season. And just the 17 games to go.

Edit: he now only needs one goal

1 Like

Mitrovic the Championship GOAT

You just know heā€™s going to be a disaster again in the Prem. Odd player.

1 Like

Fucking 30 goals in 27 appearances this season.

But he got 3 in 27 in the PL last year :arteta:

It has to be a mentality thing with him. Big fish little pond syndrome. Although Fulham were fucking crap last year, had a very weak side.

There was a player called Steve Bull who played for Wolves many years ago who I thought had a better scoring record in the second tier? I maybe wrong though

3 Likes

Yeah there are a number of players like that over the years tbf

Dean Sturridge
Ade akinbiyi
Pierre van Hoiijdonk (although this could be put down to his own attitude)

All tore it up in the lower tier but werenā€™t so good in the Premiership.

1 Like

I think that was in the third tier. The 30 goal record is for the Championship era. Before it was rebranded, an article I read last week said Guy Whittingham scored 42 times in the second tier for Portsmouth in 92/93. Which Mitrovic could easily beat too.

1 Like

Would love to see him given a chance at a bigger club. I think heā€™s made for dominant teams but when heā€™s playing for premier league relegation fodder itā€™s not going to produce the results.

Wouldnā€™t mind us giving him a chance.

He is still only 27. Wouldnā€™t be the worst idea in the world.

2 Likes