Football League

Oh my God. Derby should have wrapped it up. What the hell was that?!

2 Likes

A Wednesday winner saves them and relegates derby?

Yep, cos of the score at Cardiff.

Rotherham will be ruing their missed chances

Match over at Cardiff. By my maths arenā€™t Rotherham down whatever happens now?

1 Like

Cardiff v Rotherham has finished now, so this is winner takes all. Sheff Wednesday bottom at the moment, but will be safe if they score one goal. Thatā€™s how close it is.

2 Likes

Bent fuckers both of them.

Rotherham must be fuming. A few minutes from safety :weary:

1 Like

Agony and Ecstasy at the end there. Football eh.

Darren Moore > Wayne Rooney

1 Like

Clearly not

:pensive::pensive:

1 Like

This time next year Rotherham will get their annual even year promotion before getting relegated in 2023

Playoff semi finals:

Brentford v Bournemouth
Swansea v Barnsley

Iā€™m predicting Bournemouth v Barnsley for the final. Bournemouth finished 6th, but they were flying. They took their foot off the gas after securing playoff status. Shame really, Bournemouth and Brentford are the best two teams there, shouldnā€™t be playing each other until the final.

1 Like

I came across the tweet below and I thought, fans should celebrate how ever they want to. STFU celebration policeā€¦

ā€¦but then I saw the scenes

1 Like

Pretty impressive stats for Brentford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ko0makyKBI

Most goals scored two seasons in a row, two different top scoring strikers two seasons in a row, three separate strikers scoring 25+ goals three seasons in a row, second best goal difference and least losses.

Really hope they go up, would be fun to see a team that is so stats based but also so offensively minded in the Premier League rather than your typical Fulham/Bournemouth/Swansea who just yo-yo up and down and play like total dog shit.

They were so unlucky not to go up last season and even more frustrating when you look at the season Fulham have had.

Go on the Bees!

Didnā€™t Derby go close to getting promoted a couple of years ago ? Now were a bees dick off being in the league 1.

This is definitely an Australian phrase :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was actually thinking about this this morning because I saw people on Twitter calling Derby players pathetic for crying. I love the emotion and celebration that comes with staying up on final day. Imagine football without the threat of relegation? That is why the Super League sucked the most. Football is at its best when it means something to the individuals. Yeah, a player crying after a 3-3 draw might look silly to some, but i love those natural reactions.

3 Likes

Ehm. For the Derby Countyā€™s of this world the threat of relegation was going nowhereā€¦

You are not afraid of relegation as an Arsenal fan. Nor will you ever be :joy:.

Iā€™ve experienced it as a Colchester fan though. Iā€™ve been inside the stadium when their relegation was confirmed.

Iā€™m not really sure of your point?

1 Like

You said imagine football without the threat of relegationā€¦there is still a PL, Championship, League 1/2. Where exactly would the fear of relegation go?

The twelve clubs that were the founders are usually not the clubs who have too fear relegation anyway. Hence I never understood that as an argument against it from the people who support those clubs.