Folarin Balogun

Looks like the agent faffing is slowing this down. He wants to stay which is a positive!

3 Likes

Heā€™s gone

Fekin hell

Well. That escalated quickly.

12 Likes

2 Likes

Meh.

Heā€™ll probably turn out to be shit anyway

Every thread feels like ā€˜The State of Arsenal Threadā€™

Heā€™ll probably go somewhere like Dortmund where heā€™ll get minutes and be worth 100m in 2-3 seasons.

1 Like

BaloGone

We should sell Lacazette and Nketiah and make Aubameyang centre forward with Balogun as his back up. But we will probably offer Lacazette an extension and wonā€™t be able to sell Nketiah. I donā€™t blame him for leaving.

Iā€™m petty enough to say that I hope that he fails.

2 Likes

15 clubs want him :open_mouth:

Canā€™t we just start Balogun vs Newcastle and make him sign a deal next week? Problem solved

2 Likes

Iā€™m seeing some insane takes from people who probably havenā€™t even seen Balogun play regularly.
Sell this, sell that, give Balogun a chance.
What the hell? Arsenal shouldnā€™t allow a 19 year old bully them into playing him so he can sign a new deal.
Move him on. He doesnā€™t have the patience to wait to get his chance then he can try his luck elsewhere.

5 Likes

Exactly. If he really wants to stay, then sign and go on loan. Look for a top flight club playing in Europe. If one can promise him playing time and meets Arsenalā€™s requirements, then go on loan. He can prove he is capable of being a regular there. I wouldnā€™t loan him to an English side though as Iā€™d rather him be fighting for honours at the club he goes to. I guarantee many of those 15 clubs wouldnā€™t start him either.

Shocking he wasnā€™t given a shot whilst Lacazette and Eddie were missing chance after chance.

6 Likes

It isnā€™t bullying at all, heā€™s looking out for his own best interests in terms of development instead of being concerned with the easy money.

No idea why he should take anything on blind faith, actions speak louder than words.

2 Likes

Obviously. Lacazette and Nketiah are a bit shit. Even without Balogun I think we should sell them. Or at least not offer Lacazette/them an extension. As long as Lacazette is here Arteta has reason not to play Aubameyang as centre forward.

Nketiah got and had a decent amount of Premier League minutes at that age. Balogun not even his debut. Of course someone is going to be frustrated about that.

Heā€™ll be miles better than Lacazette and better than Nketiah.

1 Like

Heā€™s 19, not 25. And heā€™s playing for Arsenal, not Sheffield United.

This screams of German clubs trying to hoard British talent after the success of Sancho. Guaranteed thatā€™s where he moves.

2 Likes

The club for which he will sign for will be making promises to him too.
Why should he take anything on blind faith then?

Reiss, Ainsley and Buyako too got their (Premier League) debuts at age 17/18. That creates certain expectations. Especially if itā€™s said and written that you are such a great talent.

What the fuck does Sheffield has to do with this?

1 Like

You intrigue me, you will shit on youth players that have never been given a chance, or genuinely good players but will say Xhaka is the best midfielder in the league under arteta and Lacazette is sauce.

You donā€™t have to be Sheffield to give a promising youth striker a chance especially when we were bottom of the table with no goals.

3 Likes