Folarin Balogun

4-4-2 feels like it’s from the stone age

2 Likes

10 Likes

haha I remember seeing that on MOTD, he was the only person standing

This mf stole Kieran Tierney’s flow

1 Like

Give him the Tammy Abraham package. Sell him to a good European team and insert a buyback clause. Balogun has always looked like a player with serious talent but the timing is so wrong. We have so many other talented young forwards and our star signing plays as CF - he’s only 25.

He’d be first choice if he came back here and he’s above that now. 45m for him and 15m for Pepe gets us most of the Declan Rice money. In Jesus, Eddie and Martinelli we have proven Premier League goalscorers. How do we fit Balogun in?

I’d like to see what we could get for Nketiah so Balogun can become our #2, (and have some gametime as #1 with Jesus rotating to the wing) .

But if there would be a huge difference in transfer fee we’d be better off selling big and investing in SMS/Bellingham/Rice. And preferably 2 out of 3.

That would be a pretty complete squad.

Think you’re looking at around 40m for Nketiah. If his goals help us towards the title, then I can’t fathom why we would sell.

If Balogun is a wonderkid, maybe you send him on loan again next season and look into Jesus being a wide option in the 24/25 season if Nketiah and Fola keep banging in the goals.

We’ve got to sell either Balogun or Eddie this summer imo :(.

1 Like

Can’t see it being Eddie given he’s got more experience with the squad and in the setup.

Ideally we extend and loan again but reckon we’ll sell balogunner unfortunately. Hopefully a good fee and a buy back clause.

Knowing us we’ll get 15m and a crappy first refusal.

I doubt he’ll be happy to go on loan again after the season he’s having.

He’ll want game time assurances or a permanent move.

It’s a shame but that’s the game, unless we win the league and that buys us some time of course. Maybe he’ll be interested in being a bench player for a CL club but I struggle to see it.

Sell him to Forest for £60m

3 Likes

“Arsenal is my family,” he told L’Equipe earlier this season. "For me, the club represents brotherhood and unity.

Nice words. I hope he’s given a fair chance to prove himself during pre-season. But, maybe we’ll get a huge offer in the summer, one we can’t turn down. Imagine getting close to 60m for him. Means we can get Declan Ricebowl for practically nothing.

4 Likes

If he gets to the magical 20 league goal mark, his value should be at least £50m.

You have cunts with like 9 goals in the fucking Ukrainian league going for £100m. Cunts who can’t even hit double digit goals in the Eredivisie going for £85m.

An Englishman smashing 20+ goals in France is worth a lot of money.

Anyway, I’d like for us to try and integrate him into the squad next season. If he wasn’t already an Arsenal player, there would be twitter nerds raving about how he’d be perfect for Arteta’s Arsenal.

10 Likes

@Sol It seems mad to me that we’re acting like we’d be lucky to get £50m for a 21 y/o who is in track for 20 league goals in a top 5 league when, as you said, guys like Antony, Mudryk, and Enzo go for £100m with a lot less to show for it.

There’s just absolutely zero hype about Balogun right now which seems mad to me.

What factor or element is that the drives these £100m figures? How do we market Balogun/capitalise on it?

Maybe it’s because Arsenal just aren’t good at selling players and the market knows we tend to let players run down their contracts and go for cheap and so the clubs and media don’t bother hyping up transfers fees for our players.

Even now, I’d struggle to see players like Odegaard and Saka going for £100m+ but maybe it’s just because I’ve got a lack of belief in our selling ability.

4 Likes

The clubs who are paying these stupid fees are PL clubs. Which PL club do you reckon will line up to give us 50m?

Watford when they get up through the playoffs

Because he’s an arsenal player and we’re shit at PR on our young prospects.

We only got money for willock cos he banged for Newcastle in the PL for 4 months.

Balogun won’t go for more than 25m at best imo.

1 Like

Well United and Chelsea literally don’t have a striker so I’m more than happy to take £70-£100m from them.

PSG must also be interested given that Neymar and Messi aren’t spring chickens anymore.

Looking at clips of him playing, he seems to be great with his back to goal. That’s a really important quality for us, something that Jesus excels at. Nketiah has improved in this aspect but it’s not a particular strength of his.

Balogun needs to work a bit on his passing, seems a bit rushed or lacking in concentration at times.

But overall he seems a very complete and promising forward. He’s also got that little bit of trickery and balance to create a yard for a pass or shot.

3 Likes

I remember Elec calling for him to start over Lacazette in 2020 haha.

Sound call from him tbf

1 Like

He wasn’t even close to being ready back then

10 Likes