Folarin Balogun

I’m not sure we should be thinking about selling or loaning him.

2 Likes

I’d like to see him get a season loan to a premier league team next season. Maybe to West Ham to sweeten the Declan deal.

we will probably buy him again when he’s old and playing for Chelsea

I don’t see how another loan is of any benefit here. I can guarantee you the lad ain’t singing a new deal. It’s the same agent as Saka and Nketiah.
The guy has been a prick with us for all of them.

He goes on another loan, and he bangs there too, he comes back here with a year left on his contract and him and his agent having all the leverage in the world yet again.

Patino, Balogun and even Tavares should be evaluated in the summer and be given some time in preseason. Arteta and his staff should be able to tell first hand if they’re good or not.
If they keep this up interest will be there, either they join the group going forward or they’re moved on permanently.

This is the tough bit us gooners haven’t experienced in some time. We’re gonna lose players you like, players you rate. It’s part of having good players or an overall good competitive squad.
Not everyone will be happy and the gaffer along with Edu and the rest will habe to make hard calls from here on out. That’s how we truly become self-sustainable again.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with Tavares but the rest is right I’d say.

2 Likes

It’s unlikely with Tavares tbf because he probably doesn’t even fit in our system anymore but there is no harm evaluating hin as well during preseason. No rush to sell him early in the summer, market doesn’t even get very active till late July really.

I wouldn’t distance him from the team until he got sold. Judging for last year’s preseason, I think everyone will be called in for preseason anyway and slowly we’ll start filtering them out.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yea fair. If a bid comes in get the deed done though.

1 Like

damn can’t view the video…

Haven’t really been following… holy shnikey that is impressive though

1 Like

Just saw that only Haaland and Kane have more goals than Balogun across Europe’s top five leagues (Osimhen tied with him on 14). And he’s doing it for a side that really struggles to create chances.

He might not maintain this pace but if he keeps this up, we need a big rethink about what to do with him and how much he should be valued.

A 21-year-old English striker that is the third leading scorer across the big five leagues should be worth an astronomical amount of money in today’s football world.

2 Likes

Could be used to broker a deal on Rice. Bonus that he’s not sold to a direct rival and gets his chance on a good size stage.

West Ham could do with a striker as well

1 Like

Keep him around next season and actually rotate our strikers :drooling_face:

1 Like

what’s the contract situation with him? How long do we have him before current one ends?

June 2025

1 Like

Glad he’s doing well, but lets not forget that ligue 1 defenders are trash… make strikers look a lot better than they actually are. Lets calm down with the shifting Jesus for him talk sheesh!
Not saying he won’t become a world beater but I’ll wait till he’s doing it in the PL or at the very least Bundesliga.

For what it’s worth, he has overtaken Mbappe in Ligue 1 now

Let’s keep him and play 4-4-2. Roll back to the old days.

7 Likes

Odegaard and Partey in the middle, Saka and Martinelli out wide and Jesus and Nketiah up front let’s gooooo

3 Likes